Chapter 4: Facing Each Day Like Yesterday

Emma woke up, a pain in her head. Lydia was passed out on the couch next to Emma. She got up also, a concerned but tired look on her face.

"You all right? You scared us yesterday," Lydia said.

"My head hurts a little, but I'm fine. What happened?" Emma stuttered.

"Well, you went to go get the soccer ball that got kicked into the woods, and you came back screaming, and then you passed out," Lydia explained.

"Really?"

"Ya, I've never seen you so scared, or at least I think that's what was happening. Anyway, the doctor should be coming at 9, and it's already 8:30. You can just stay on the couch, and I'll make breakfast," Lydia volunteered.

.        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        

It was 9 o'clock, and the doctor rang the doorbell. Amber shot downed the stairs to answer it, said a quick hello, and lead him up the stairs.

The doctor introduced himself as Dr. Finstock, and began to try and figure out if Emma was okay.

This lasted for an hour or two, the girls weren't really checking the time. There were many questions asked, such as, "How did you hurt your arm?" and "What did you see in the woods?"

When the doctor was finally done, all the girls were half asleep where they were sitting.

"She seems to be fine, but keep rebandaging her arm every 6-8 hours," The doctor said as he was walking out the door. The girls waved at the slightest, and then fell back onto the couches.

Annie shot up from her couch, almost falling off.

"We should go back into the woods! That way we could go to where ever Emma saw that thing, and see what we are actually up against!" Annie yelled.

"Are you an idiot? That thing was like 7 feet tall, and it seemed like it was going to attack me!" Emma exclaimed. The girls shouted at eachother for about 5 minutes, trying to figure out if they should stay at the house, or should they go back into the woods.

They finally came to the conclusion that they didn't know what the thing was, but they should find out. Emma had made it clear it could have just been her imagination, but they still wanted to find out for themselves.

.        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .        .

It was noon, and the Fristers were standing outside the woods, some determined, some scared out of their wits. The first one to walk in was Emma, and she lead the way.

Once they got to the pond, they were all tired, but still curious. Emma walked to the middle of the pond, which was where she had her encounter with the "thing". She looked around, and then shrugged. When she tried to walk back to her friends on the bank of the pond, it almost seemed as though there was an invisible shield keeping her in that pond, and it would not let her go.

Emma screamed for help, and her friends rushed into the pond. They tried to get to her, but there was another shield not letting them get to Emma. They all pounded on the walls, trying not to give up. They tried to see if they could walk around the wall, but it was surrounding Emma, creating her own little invisible jail.

After about 5 minutes of pounding of the invisible shield, Emma gave up, and sat in the pond, sobbing.

"Come on Emma! We have to find a way to get you out of this thing!" Lydia yelled. Emma shook her head, and sobbed even more.

A cloud of black smoke started to fill in Emma's "jail", spinning around furiously. Emma quickly got up, a true look of horror on her face. The smoke surrounded her, almost pushing her around. When the smoke dissappeared, Emma disappeared with it.