Lets Scrimmage!

Jesse was in the centre, facing Dwayne who was opposite him, "Great day for hockey, ain't it?" He asked with a smile. "Sure is Cowboy" Jesse put on a southern accent imitating Dwayne's, emphasising the word 'Cowboy' sarcastically. They hit their sticks together and Dwayne got the puck skating towards me "Yee-Haw!" I skate up to him and push him over in an attempt to stop him from passing the puck, but he passed it to Luis right before he fell. I offered my gloved hand to Dwayne, which he took gratefully. I sent him a smile and turned around to see Luis skating full speed at Goldberg "Hey man, take it easy! Slow down!" Goldberg shouted exasperatedly. "Goldberg, look out!" Coach yelled, I saw Goldberg mumble something among the lines of "oh, no!" And just like that Luis and Goldberg were flat on the ice. I looked away from the sight towards coach who was saying "This guy's gotta stop", I skated past Goldberg and Luis, hearing their conversation "Thanks for breaking my fall" Luis said, "Anytime" Goldberg replied sarcastically. "Hey coach, I could help Luis stop" I suggested, "you might have to if he's going to be on our team" I chuckle lightly, "Have you heard anything from Elka yet?" He asked me. I shake my head "no, but last time I heard from her she was fighting off a cold. I need my left defender back!" I say smiling at the end of my sentence. I skated back to my position on the ice.

Coach blew the whistle and Adam got the puck, skating up the line getting so close to goals. "Let's go defence!" Julie screamed, just as she said that Portman skated over and flipped Adam over who let out a cry "whoa!" And landed on his back, 'I can't wait for Elka to come back and teach this guy a lesson about messing with her boyfriend'. Jesse got the puck but got cornered by Dwayne and Portman, Averman, Charlie and Fulton came over to help him out. Coach was screaming at them "Come on! Dig it out of there!" Dwayne lightly pushed Charlie saying "Let's go!" Someone else shouted at them saying "Come on!" They all skated away except Averman who lifted up his helmet looking frazzled. "Haven't you guys been training in the off-season?" Coach asked, "You know, I knew we forgot something" Averman replied chugging his water. I was so caught up in that commotion I didn't realise Adam got the puck and I most certainly didn't realise he had scored until coached yelled "Good shot, Adam. Way to show 'em!" I turned my head to see Fulton getting pushed over by Dean "How do you feel, tough guy?" Dean says while laughing, I skate over lifting Fulton up who mumbled a small 'thanks' I turned my head glaring at dean and skated over to him giving him a shove, he stumbled but he pushed me ten times hard than I had done and I fall back onto Fulton and we both fall to the ice. Averman and Guy saw the incident and skated over to Dean but they ended up being pushed and falling behind the goal net with a groan, Portman laughs again while Goldberg says from the other side of the net "Ding! Round one!" Fulton lifts me up and this time I say "thank you" and I swear I saw him blush, 'could Charlie be correct?' From the corner of my eye I see Mr Tibbles escorting a lady who I assume is Miss MacKay.

We've been playing for a while, I get the puck and pass it to Fulton, everyone is too busy to see that he has the puck "Look out!" Coach shouts. "It's Fulton!" Adam shouts, everyone looks up and sees that he is about to shoot. "Look out for his shot!" Coach screams, all the ducks skate out of the way leaving the new recruits standing there looking puzzled. "What a bunch of wusses!" Dean says scoffing, Fulton hits the puck with a great force to make it go soaring through the air. Dwayne skates away as well as Ken and Luis, leaving Dean standing there watching it but as it got closer he skated away saying "oh!" Julie has her hand stretched out to stop the puck but it hits the crossbar and it ricochets hitting the roofs wooden beams aiming straight for Mr Tibbles.

We all gather around Mr Tibbles as the lady is saying "Hello? Mr Tibbles? Mr Tibbles? Mr Tibbles can you hear me? Mr Tibbles wake up." Mr Tibbles groans and opens his eyes. "Oh, Mr Tibbles, are you alright?" I looked at her like she was crazy, seems I wasn't the only one as half our team looked at her like that. Mr Tibbles looks around the room saying "Oh, Uh, I- I'll have the cheeseburger, fries and a chocolate shake, please." The lady looked at us with a smile saying "I think he'll be okay. We'll keep an eye on him." She stands up suddenly causing coach to slowly rise as well, "Oh, I'm sorry he didn't introduce us" she had her hand stretched out for coach to shake, which he did. "I'm Michele MacKay, their tutor." I called it. "Hi, I'm Coach Bombay, their coach" he says trying to be funny but failing miserably as everyone scrunched their face up in confusion. "Who said we need a tutor?" Adam questioned, voicing everyone's thoughts as we all agreed saying " Yeah!" Portman scrunched his face up saying " I don't need no school" I looked at him mumbling "yeah but a little English might help" hoping no one had heard me but apparently everyone did as they were laughing except Portman who was glaring at me. "Now, Miss MacKay, we're America's team here." Goldberg exclaims throwing his arm over Miss MacKay's shoulder. "Shouldn't we just be concentrating on hockey? May I suggest optional attendance?" I could see he was trying here, "I agree" Averman said, soon everyone joined in, but me, saying "Yeah. Good idea" Miss Mackay looked over at everyone then turned her head slightly to see Goldberg "Well, that's not a bad idea" she trailed off not knowing his name "Call me Goldberg" he stated proudly. "Goldberg" Miss MacKay started "Yes, School will be optional" we all started cheering until she said "However, However, should you not attend, you will not be eligible to play" We all started groaning saying "Oh, that's unfair" and "Man, Can she do that?"

We all headed to the change rooms and got changed in our own clothes, mine being this:

Connie and I stayed behind talking to Julie about how there are four girls on our team but one is currently away for a bit, when we heard a crash and glass breaking

Connie and I stayed behind talking to Julie about how there are four girls on our team but one is currently away for a bit, when we heard a crash and glass breaking. We head out to see Guy, Jesse and Fulton on a zamboni which is now smashed through the barrier. They were saying how awesome that was and how that they aren't hurt. I just rolled my eyes saying "Boys will be Boys." They heard me and jumped down Connie going up to Guy and hugging him, Julie walked off as Jesse and Fulton came up to me. Jesse and Fulton had a little stare down and Jesse walked off claiming his mum needs him home. Fulton looked down at the ground before looking up at me saying "Can I walk you home? You know since Charlie got a ride home" I looked at him and said "sure why not." The walk home was quiet, a little awkward at the start but it got into a comfortable silence that's until we were walking in the park, it's a little short cut to my house. McGill and his friends jump out at us, "Hey Caity bear" McGill said trying to be seductive, key word trying. "McGill didn't Fulton already teach you a lesson, now go run home to your mummy" I say confidently. When they didn't budge Fulton put on a deep voice and scared them off. I laughed at the thought of them thinking he always talked like that. "What?" He asked chuckling, I shook my head "They probably think you talk like that!" We continue laughing up until I reached my front porch. I turned to face him, "Thank you for waking me home Fulton" I pecked his cheek and walked into the house.

When I went to bed all I could think about was a certain cowboy and a certain enforcer.