LAST NIGHT ALIVE

CHAPTER 55

On the race back to the restaurant, they was a still silence in Joey's truck. Joey kept a firm grip on the steering wheel, his thoughts clearly about Roseanne, who he left back at the cabin, and Bel, who was now taken captive.

"This is your fault, Collins," Jacob finally spoke.

"You're always looking for someone to blame, aren't you," Joey said, his tone filled with anger.

"If you hadn't go on your little killing spree to bring back you girlfriend, who's still dead by the way, we wouldn't have to go on this wild goose chase trying to stop you, and one of us would have been watching over Annabel," Jacob said.

"This isn't my fault," Joey shot. "None of this would have happened if you two hadn't shown your faces in this town to begin with,"he said.

"Stop!" Lana yelled. "None of this is helping Bel. Can we just get to the restaurant and figure out how we're going to get her back," she said, with worry in her tone.

They was silence as they drove the rest of the way to the restaurant.

***

When they got to the restaurant, Tess, Chloe and Madison were already there waiting impatiently.

Lana ran to Tess a held her in a comforting embrace.

"What happened?" Lana asked as pulled back.

"Matthew walked in with a couple of his men a few minutes after we got here. Just after we got out of Maddy's office and started getting ready to open the restaurant, they were everywhere. The place was crawling with them. Matthew threatened to hurt as if Bel didn't go with him," she explained.

"Who else was with him?" Michael asked.

Tess turned to meet Michael's gaze.

She started to give full descriptions of the demons that were with Matthew, that looked to be as important as Matthew did.

Michael and Jacob exchanged a look, clearly knowing who else was in the restaurant with Matthew.

"Marcus and Mark," Jacob said through gritted teeth.

Joey clenched his fist at the sound of Marcus' voice.

"What do we do now?" Joey asked. "We don't even know where she's been taken."

"I know where she's been taken," Michael said. "There's only one place they can use for their blood sacrifice."

"Then we have to go now," Lana said.

"No offense Summers, but you or anyone else that tugs along will only be a liability. I suggested you sit this one out," Jacob said.

"Bel's my best friend, you can't expect me to sit this one out while my friend's in danger. I'm coming too," Tess said.

"I'm sorry Tess, but if you come it will only make things difficult because now will have to worry about you too," Michael said.

Tess argued a moment longer before agreeing to stay back.

"How much time do we have before they-?" Tess asked, then paused. She could not finish her sentence. The words were painful enough just thinking about them.

"We have until midnight, after that the sacrifice will begin," Michael replied.

"I think I have a plan to distract Matthew, but I'm going to need that dagger you got from Mara," Jacob said, glancing at Joey.

"That's not happening," Joey denied.

"Joey?" Tess called his name in question.

"No, find another way," Joey said.

"I wasn't asking, Collins," Jacob said. "I can take it from you dead or alive, the choice is yours."

"Nobody has to die, he'll give it to you," Madison said. "Right, Joey?" She glanced at him.

Joey did not say a word. He glared at Madison, then Jacob. "This better work," he said, throwing the dagger at Jacob's feet, then started walking to the bar.

As he walked to the bar, Joey suddenly came to a stop. He froze and his facial expression suddenly changed as he stared at the entrance to the restaurant.

He was filled with shock.

"Joey, what's wrong?" Madison asked, but he didn't respond.

Madison followed his gaze then placed a hand on her mouth, clearly in shocked as well when she saw a familiar face walking through the doors and into the restaurant.

"Roseanne," Madison said, almost to herself.

Everyone else's attention was taken when they heard Madison say Roseanne's name.

"Impossible," Jacob said in shock, almost to himself.

They all glanced at the door and saw Roseanne glancing around the restaurant until her eyes met Joey's stunned face.

"Joey," Roseanne called.

"Rose," Joey called, almost as if he didn't believe that she was really alive.

With out  hesitation, both Roseanne and Joey ran after one another using they inhuman speed, and locked each other in a tight embrace.
They clung together more than they ever did before.
Joey then capped her face in one hand, gently pulling her close until their lips touched and they shared a passionate kiss.

"How? How am I alive, how are you a half blood now?" Roseanne asked as she pulled away from his potent lips, with a lot of confusion, but still resting her forehead on his.

"It's okay," Joey replied softly. "I'll explain everything. I'm just glad it worked," he said.

They clung together a moment longer, tearing now pouring from Roseanne's eyes as Joey pressed his lips against hers, giving her another passionate kiss.

"I'm sorry," Roseanne whimpered. "I hurt you... those things I said, I didn't mean too, I was scared for your your life and-," she said but was cut short.

"It's okay, I understand," Joey held her closer. "I'm just glad you're back. I'm never letting go of you again," he said, brushing the tears on her cheeks

As the rest approached Roseanne and held her in a warm welcome back embraced, Jacob picked the dagger on the floor and started to walk out of the restaurant.

***

Outside the restaurant, just before he could walk any further, Jacob came to a stop when he heard someone behind speak.

"Going somewhere?" Michael asked.

"Yes actually, I'm going to kill Mark, then bring Annabel back home," Jacob replied.

"It's suicide going there alone," Michael said.

"And you suddenly care about my well being?" Jacob turn to face Michael. "Let it be clear about one thing, you and I are far from being okay,"

"For once I agree with you Jacob," Michael said. "We're not friends, but we are brothers, and we both care about the same person. That's why I need your help getting Bel back?"

Michael took a step closer to Jacob.

"Matthew and the rest of the true bloods have been a horror in our lives for centuries, it's time we put an end to all of it once and for all," Micheal stared at Jacob." Together."

A smirked began to form on Jacob's face.

"Alright then, I guess it will be like old times," Jacob said. "Together."