Christmas magic

On 1 December, the musical Onpu-chan starred in, "Blue Moon", finally premiered at a large theatre in Hibiya, Tokyo.

All of us, including Majorika and Lala, were invited to the opening night.

We spotted Onpu-chan's parents and the world-famous stage actress, Sakuya-san, who was an inspiration to Onpu-chan during her child idol days, seated in the VIP area. Onpu-chan must have contacted and invited her personally to the show.

There were also many politicians and famous celebrities in the crowd. And of course, the number one fan in Onpu-chan's official fanclub was also present.

Yes, I'm referring to Oyajide.

He was all dressed up in a tuxedo, looking more regal than some of the politicians around.

And when the curtains opened to reveal Onpu-chan on stage, he called out to her in a loud voice, "Hey, I've been waiting for this! Onpu-chan, you're Japan's number one!"

His outburst triggered some awkward laughter from the audience. Our group pretended not to know him.

However, he quietened down once the show started, listening in awe to Onpu-chan's singing. His eyes seemed to take in every aspect of Onpu-chan's acting and dancing, missing no detail.

We were similarly captured by Onpu-chan. Portraying the protagonist named Kate, she could appear gentle and kind one minute, and then change into a passionate persona the next. Sometimes, she took on the role of joker and made the audience laugh. Whatever the role demanded, she delivered with grace and expertise.

She really shone on stage. We could already sense the aura of a true actress about her.

After two and a half hours, the first act ended and the curtains closed. At that moment, the crowd stood in unison and gave Onpu-chan a standing ovation.

Onpu-chan's mum, who had mostly recovered, was standing in front of us. We saw her shoulders shake as she cried, while Onpu-chan's dad patted her gently on the shoulder. The scene brought tears to our eyes.

It was a huge success.

Around midnight, I received a text from Onpu-chan. She asked for my opinion about the show, and I sent her a reply saying that it was really wonderful and we were all moved by her acting.

There was no need to sugar-coat anything, as I sincerely meant every word I typed.

The following day, all major newspapers carried rave reviews of "Blue Moon". Amongst these, news of "Segawa Onpu being the next great actress" brought us the greatest joy.

Onpu-chan would later tell us that the play, which would be staged for another three weeks, had sold out every single night. We were glad to see Onpu-chan's efforts finally pay off.

Dela also informed us that the Queen had come to watch the play on the opening night as well. She had traveled incognito from the Witch World in her personal carriage, and was touched by the show.

Congratulations, Onpu-chan!

~~~~~

Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's back track a little to talk about Christmas.

After deciding on the designs for our Christmas cakes, MAHO-do underwent a huge transformation and settled into Christmas mode, just as the holiday season rolled around.

Onpu-chan was really awesome, but Momo-chan was wonderful too. She just seemed so energetic and powerful all the time, as if she had just fully recharged. I really wonder when she found the time to sleep.