10

Warning: Mature Content. Read at your own risk.

Y / N

I stared horrified as Namjoon punched Xian straight in the face. His fist hit Xian square across the jaw, a sickening crack sounding in the room.

But Xian was quick to retaliate as his leg went flying in order to tackle Namjoon to the ground but Namjoon dodged swiftly. All within seconds, I saw Xian's face contorted in rage as he reached inside his coat.

My eyes widened in horror as he whipped out a gun but Namjoon tsked, smirking.

"You were never too smart, were you Xian?" He taunted. "Too bad. This time around, your idiocy is going to get you killed."

My gaze shifted to Namjoon's hand as he snapped his fingers and then, I screamed.

His men had shot Xian dead as he fell to the carpeted floor with a thud. I backed away from the sight of blood but Namjoon's arm around my waist steadied me quickly.

"You've got to stay strong, sweetheart." He whispered softly to me although I could feel it in the stiffness of his back that he wanted to be anything but that.

My heart melted at how he was considerate of me despite being so enraged.

"If you won't point those f*ckers out, I'll never be able to know." His hand tightened around my waist and I gasped as I felt my body being steered to the front as Namjoon stood guard behind me.

My eyes widened in sheer panic as I noticed Xian lying inches away from my feet but Namjoon's fingers slid treacherously down my neck.

I breathed.

His touch was soft as he slowly caressed my neck, almost reverently before I heard him whisper.

"Don't be scared. I'm right here."

I grasped his hand resting on the middle of my stomach, gritting my teeth. I couldn't let down Namjoon's trust in me.

"T-there were 3 others." I stuttered, desperately scanning the room for the familiar sinister faces.

"Xian's men?" Namjoon questioned.

I shook my head. "I don't know."

I looked around again and was surprised by how nobody in the room moved.

There were surprised, gawking faces and there were smooth, expressionless ones but no one dared to move as Namjoon prompted me to take a step forward.

I couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that Namjoon with a few of his men stationed around the room could be so powerful that as I stepped along the neatly lined tables carefully analysing all the faces, closely flanked by Namjoon, no one dared to move an inch.

"I had no idea this vixen-" My body stiffened at the familiar voice but before I could react, Namjoon had already pulled the trigger.

I shivered at the crazy but controlled anger in his voice as he placed a soft kiss right on top of my rapidly throbbing pulse at the base of my neck.

"Two down. Two more to go, sweetheart."

~~~

We lay in bed, a small yellow lamp dimly flickering in the room, casting shadows across the ceiling.

My breathing quickened as Namjoon ran a finger across my exposed collarbones.

"I noticed earlier that you were very sensitive here." His voice held a playful tone as he smirked down at me, head propped on his elbow.