7. DAMAGE CONTROL

Don't you dare leave me.

Don't you dare leave us.

Don't you dare leave everyone.

The ambulance didn't have room for too many people. After a quick settlement, it was decided that their manager would join the two boys in the ambulance, while their members were escorted to the hospital separately.

Eventually, the paramedics succeeded in removing Jimin from Taehyung's body, still allowing him to hold his head in his bloody hands.

Jimin somehow pulled himself together when being carried into the ambulance on top of Taehyung.

He felt inner pain, but remained quiet. 

It was as if a beast was screaming inside of him like there was no tomorrow. Nobody could hear it, but Jimin could feel it.

The paramedics cut Taehyung's T-shirt open, exposing his bare chest and abdomen. The latter was now covered with the most aggressive redness Jimin had ever seen. He felt empty as he witnessed the scene unravel in front of his tear-filled eyes.

One of them shoved a tube into Taehyung's mouth, to suck up excessive blood, while another one tried to examine his injuries.

In addition to the bruise made by the big man's fist, there was this other redness invading his stomach. It was neither blood, nor bruising.

The paramedics developed alarmed looks on their faces, while using medical terminology to describe the aggressive redness to each other.

Jimin had quit speaking long ago, and their manager was too afraid to ask.

After what felt like an eternity, they arrived at the hospital.

Doctors and nurses immediately rushed Taehyung away to examine his injuries further, and to run various tests on him.

They didn't really know what to do with the idol's six members. They couldn't really give them special treatment just for being famous. However, they also knew that if anyone at the hospital saw them in this state, they would have hundreds of worried fans invading the hospital in just a few minutes.

They decided to discretely escort them to a room that was going to be given to Taehyung eventually anyway.

The room was normally quite spacious, but got filled up rather quickly as six worried members were pacing back and forth in despair. There were a few chairs and a small sofa, leaving some of them to take a seat on the cold floor.

After a short while, a nurse came into the room to update the group.

She had to use all her willpower to treat the very famous idol group just like any other visitors.

"Hello everyone..." she led off, secretly impressed by her own ability to act unaffected by their identities.

"The doctors have now examined Kim Ssi's injuries, and asked me to update you on them. It looks like he was hit twice, once in the face and once in the abdomen. The one to his abdomen caused an internal bleeding to erupt, and so he had to be taken into surgery."

Everyone held their breath.

Little innocent Taehyung whose contagious smile could brighten anyone's day. Kidnapped. In surgery.

"W-Wait, hold up I'm sorry," Jungkook uttered with an unsteady voice, "I thought you just said that he was only punched twice... And now he's in s-surgery for internal b-bleedings... I don't understand..."