Straight From The Heart

Narrator's POV

It has been three days since Colby and Becky had had their fight well a one sided fight as in Becky was mad at Colby for NOT wanting to sleep with her. Colby found Bryan Danielson sitting under a shady tree reading. Bryan out of the whole school was the one that was level headed for his age.
"Hey Bryan," said Colby sitting down next to Bryan.
"Hey," said Bryan putting his book down "What's up?"
"Becky hates me, "said Colby sighing.
" What! Why? "asks Bryan.
" I won't sleep with her, "said Colby.
Bryan's mouth dropped "Well there is a first for everything," he said "Normally it's the other way around. The guy is normally upset that the girl doesn't want to sleep with him. Why don't you want to sleep with her if you don't mind me asking."
Colby shook his head "No. I just it's just that," he said trying to find the right words "I want to make her first time, my first time our first time. Well special."
Bryan smiled "And did you tell her that?"
Colby nodded "Yes and she didn't want to hear any of it," he said burying his face in his hands.
Bryan put a hand on Colby's shoulder "I am sorry Colby," he said sympathetically "Truly I am.Have you tried to actually talk to Becky? Find out why she wanted to sleep with you?-"
Colby shook his head 'no.'
"-Well than maybe you should find her and talk to her. There just might be a reason behind her wanting to ummm do it," said Bryan raising an eyebrow "There just maybe a reason behind her going from wanting to wait to wanting to oh boy how do I put this gently?" Bryan closed his eyes as if he was searching for the right answer and he let air out of his cheeks before looking at Colby "jumping your bones."
Colby scoffed slightly "Yeah if she will ever look or talk to me again."
"Tell her everything you told me. The stuff straight from the heart."

Meanwhile......

"Why won't Colby sleep with me Lex?!"
Lexi lowered herself onto the bed next to Becky. She put a hand on Becky's knee.
"Maybe he doesn't want to rush things," said Lexi with a shrug .
"We have known each other for most of our lives and we have been together for almost a year now," sobbed Becky "Why wouldn't he want to sleep with me?"
Lexi sighed "Have you asked him?"
" Yes and he said he wants to make our first time special, "said Becky frowning.
"Well that is actually really kind of sweet. There are a ton of guys out there that are wham bam thank you ma'am. Colby is different," said Lexi with a smile as she nudges Becky with her shoulder " Maybe you should go find him and talk to him. There is a reason he told you no, " Lexi shrugged "You two owe it to yourselves to find out where your relationship is going."
Becky looks at Lexi "When did you get so smart?"
" When both of your parents are Psychologists you learn a thing or two. "

Back with Colby and Bryan......

" How did you get so smart Bryan? " asks Colby.
Bryan shrugged "Books I guess," he said tapping his book " I read. I gain knowledge. I give advice. Speaking of Becky here she comes. I will give you two your privacy. "
Bryan stood bows his head to Becky and took his leave.

Rebecca's POV

We watched Bryan leave as I sat on the grass next to Colby as I pulled my knees to my chest.
"Colby?"
He looks at me "What?" he asked cautiously .
"Can we talk?"
He nodded "I would like that."
I sighed "Maybe I should tell you why I wanted to sleep with you."
Colby nodded "Maybe you should," he said looking at me raising an eyebrow "After all I can't read minds."

Colby's POV

Becky smirks "You're an asshole. You know that right?"
I laughed "And you love it," I said as I nudged her with my shoulder.
She started to laugh as she shook her head "Colby please before I lose my nerve.-"
I nodded and indicated she should go on.
"ThereasonIwantedtosleepwithyouisbeacuseRichyandNikkislepttogetherandIknowyou'llleavemeifIdon'tsleepwithyou," she said running every word together.
I raised an eyebrow "Run that by me again," I said.
Becky took a deep breath "The reason I wanted to sleep with you is because Richy and Nikki slept together and I know you'll leave me if I don't sleep with you."
Becky stared to cry and buried her face into her knees.
"You honestly think because Richy and Nikki slept together that you," I said pointing at her "and me," I pointed at myself " have to sleep together. Babe I don't understand that. "
"Because Richy is your best friend and well if he is getting laid," said Becky her eyes meeting mine "You would too."
I look at her shocked "Woah," I said "What makes you think that I would want to copy Richy in anyway?!"
Becky looks at me for a moment "Because Richy got a new bike and then,"
I held a hand up and stopped her mid sentence.
"Babe!" I said "If Richy jumped off a bridge I sure the hell wouldn't do it. Just because Richy is getting laid as you so elegantly put it doesn't mean I have too!"
Becky looks at me and tilts her head to study me.
"I was dumb wasn't I?" she asks.
I nodded "Yes," I said.
" Can you ever forgive me Colby? " she asked.
"Of course," I said opening my arms and she fell into them "Just remember when we do make love for the first time it is because we want to not because we think we have too."
Becky nodded and began to cry on my shoulder. We sat there until it was time for dinner.