Being True With Allah

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ

Verily, all praise is due to Allah. We praise Him, seek refuge with Him, and seek His Forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allah from the evils of our souls, and the mistakes in our actions. Whoever Allah Guides, there is none who can misguide him, and whoever Allah misguides, there is none who can guide him. And I testify that there is none worthy of being worshipped except Allah, and I testify that Muhammad (saw) is his servant and Messenger.

O you who are pleased with Allah as a Lord, and Islam as a religion, and Muhammad (saw) as a Prophet and Messenger! Know that Allah has revealed in the clear cut Revelation:

Know that Allah has revealed in the clear cut Revelation:

The truthfulness that this verse of 'at-Tawbah' is referring to is that of having your affairs be in accordance with their reality and true state, or having one's inner state be just like his outer state, or having one's hidden characteristics be ...

The truthfulness that this verse of 'at-Tawbah' is referring to is that of having your affairs be in accordance with their reality and true state, or having one's inner state be just like his outer state, or having one's hidden characteristics be just like one's outer characteristics. So, if you were to open up the chest of the truthful person and Allah were to grant you the ability to peek into his heart, you would not find there to be any difference between his open, apparent profile and his concealed, secret condition.

And this is the situation of the truthful. 

In fact, some of them have inner, concealed conditions that are better than what they show to the people! And the Salaf used to say: 'O Allah, make our inner condition better than our outer condition, and make our outer condition good!'

And from the bounties of Allah - the Mighty and Majestic - is that these hearts are dealing with the Knower of the Unseen... with Allah. Their secrets do not remain hidden for long. They might sometimes paint a different picture than what is outer and apparent in a person. However, the inner and outer realities of a person cannot bear except to eventually come back together, and to be one and the same. So, if one's inner condition is good, Allah will eventually make this condition apparent. 

Likewise, if one's inner condition is evil, Allah will eventually make this apparent, as well. Nobody has ever concealed something except that Allah eventually made it known, either through a slip of his tongue, or by way of the expressions on his face. It is impossible that a human being can keep deceiving himself for long, as it is something innate that Allah has fashioned the people upon. It is the fitrah of Allah that the outer eventually becomes one and the same as the inner.