Post Miracle Queen

DISCLAIMER: All rights and characters belong to Thomas Astruc and Zagtoon
It all begins after Luka plays Marinette her melody.
"That was beautiful Luka." Marinette says.
Suddenly, everyone (except Luka and Marinette) get up and start clapping. Marinette gets up as well and sees Adrien and Kagami kissing.  It breaks her heart, but she's happy for her friends.

You don't always get what you want in life, but life gives you what need; Master Fu's words echo in her head.  Luka gets up and sees the sight.  He glances worriedly at Marinette.
"Are you alright Marinette?" He asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine.  I have to go back to the bakery, but I hope I'll see you soon." Marinette says.  She started to turn to head to her house, but she stops and gives Luka a peck on the cheek. 
"Thank you, for everything." She says.
In a 360, she swivels and starts racing to her house. 

When she got home, it was dark and empty.
"They must still be at the Grand Palace Hotel." She reasoned with herself. 
"Marinette wait!" A voice called.
She turned.  It was Luka!  He had followed her back home.
"Luka?!" She asks him surprisingly.
He ignores and holds her in front of him.  His arms rested on her forearms.
"Marinette.  I know something is wrong.  So tell me or don't but I won't let you get akumatized.  I wouldn't forgive myself if I did." Luka says.
Marinette, hearing the truth in his words, hugs him for support.
"Y...You're right Luka.  I'm barely holding myself together.  I can't do it anymore.  The responsibilities, being the example, it's everything!" Marinette cried.
"Then don't or take a break.  You can be yourself around me." Luka said.
Marinette cried harder.
"E...even if I wanted to, I can't.  There's more to it than you know Luka." Marinette tried to explain while being vague.
"You can trust me Marinette.  It's okay." Luka reassured her. 
Marinette felt Tikki moving in her bag.  Marinette was so lost.  In a heap, her legs broke from under her.  She held Luka in a tight embrace.
"It's okay Marinette.  It's okay.  I'm here." He soothed.  He held her in his arms.  Suddenly, he heard the flap of wings.  Luka looked up from Marinette's face to see an akuma.
"Marinette!  Akuma!" He warned. 
In a clumsy manner, they both got up as fast as they could.  Then, they ran.

It was while running, when Marinette came to three shocking realizations.
1. This is the second time I've broken down in front of Luka. I've never done that, especially twice with anyone, except Tikki.
2. Luka has been here - protecting me - comforting me - supporting me this entire time.
3. I just might have feelings for Luka.
Thinking about this, Marinette didn't notice her hair bands sliding out of her hair. For the second time that day, Marinette's hair was down. She didn't notice, but Luka did. He blushed slightly. He'd never seen Marinette with her hair down before. She looked more beautiful to him than ever.

The akuma was still on their trail. Marinette breathes deeply. She wouldn't let this get the best of her. Marinette let go of Luka's hand. She hadn't even realized she was holding it! Nevertheless, if Marinette was going to defeat this akuma, she would have to be herself in public for once.
"Stop! I won't let you get the best of me! All you do is corrupt innocent people and I won't give into your temptations! Go back to master! I'm tired of always having to deal with you!" She exclaimed at it. The butterfly just stayed in place. Her normally hopeful eyes turned into one of frustration, hurt, sadness, but mostly determination.
"I was already almost akumatized once. I won't let that happen. So go! You won't be finding anything to prey on in me!" She said bravely to it - totally forgetting Luka next to her the entire time.
Luka, during the whole time, was absolutely shocked. He had always knew there was more to Marinette than she lets people know. But he never expected this. She was hiding herself - her true self - in a mask. She was putting the needs of others before herself at her expense. It only made Luka love her more. Yet, this was all halted when he heard Marinette say she was almost akumatized. His heart had skipped a beat.
"This wasn't the first time. And I wasn't there." He thought.

After standing up to it, the blackened butterfly fly away. Marinette breathes deeply. From looking at the ground, she looked at Luka again.
"Luka, I can explain." Marinette started, but was interrupted by a kiss on the cheek from Luka.
"It's okay Marinette. You don't have to explain, but when you want to, I'm here." He said.
Marinette blushed furiously. Luka smiled, he hugged her and headed back to his home. After everything that had just happened, he was pretty sure Marinette would be okay, for now. But it left many questions and answers in his mind. The most pressing one however was,
"If Marinette always wears a mask, what is she like when she's truly herself?"
Luka didn't know the answer to that. What he did know was that no matter how long it took, or who her hidden true self was, he'd wait for her.
Okay guys, originally, I wasn't going to do another Miraculous Ladybug Fanfic, but after watching the season three finale, it really pulled at my heartstrings. So this was all totally unexpected and unplanned. I might continue this story and I might not. But I hope you liked it as much as I liked writing it.

WitchingHour89