Chapter Thirteen

• Dedicated to All of my readers <3

I'm somehow aghast.

What in the world just happened? A knife shot out from no where, and into his throat.

I let go of his now inactive body and turn around. I run out of the hut.

I have to blink twice to actually believe what is in front of me.

{I have a link for the song I would like you to play :) Play it now, please.}

My heart twists and turns from inside of me, my legs feel as if they're about to give way, and my throat feels as if it's is intentionally trying to choke me.

"Eren..." She says, moving her hand to her lips in surprise. The tears break out, many, many tears.

"Mikasa. Mikasa!" I cry out to her as I run towards her and swallow her in my arms.
This is too overwhelming for me; I'm breaking down.

I feel her arms wrap around me tightly, but I have a much stronger grip on her.
"Mikasa." I mumble to her.
We both drop to the icy floor, where the snow sinks into our trousers, and it's freezing cold.
Tears flood from my eyes, and I stroke the back of Mikasa's hair.

"I have been so worried about you. I was so, so worried, and I missed you so much. I'm so sorry for everything I said, everything!" I cry to her. She takes my face in her hands.

"I can't believe you came out here, all this way, for me." She says.
"Of course I did, I love you!"

Mikasa plants a sweet kiss on my lips, and embraces me once more.

"I love you more." She says honestly, but I say something in return.

"Trust me, I love you more." We both laugh, I still refuse to let go of her.

"You don't understand how much I needed you, and how much I wanted to see you." I tell her.
"Eren..." I feel a substance soak in to my shirt.
Tears.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you. I don't know what I was thinking.
I just thought that I needed to get away from there, it was like something called me.
It was that dream, that dream I had. It made me crazy, and I don't know why.
I wasn't thinking straight and I regret it so much!" She says to me.
Mikasa...

"Don't apologise to me. You don't need to, and you never will!" I tell her straight.
"I'm just so glad I found you. I mean- you found me."
I pull her closer to me and try to keep her warm, like what a mother would do to her chick.
Then I remembered about her wounds. I push her away from me, so that I can have a look at them.
"Are you hurt?" I ask her.

She looks down to her chest and then she looks up to me.
"Just a little, it's not that bad. Don't worry about them."

"I refuse." I tell her, lifting her up, like she is my bride.
"I'm taking you back to the village. Miranda will help you out." I say, then giving her a kiss on her forehead.

"But, Eren. It's far to walk from here to down there, and it will be especially difficult carrying me. Do you even know where to go?"
"I'll find my way, I will not let you down again."

* * *

"So... This is Mikasa?" Asks Miranda, with a humongous grin on her face.

I nod, as I place her down on the sofa. "She's super pretty." She adds.

Mikasa blushes slightly. "Thank you, madam." She says, then taking a glance at me. This is when I notice her scarf. "Mikasa, your scarf looks tattered." I say, kneeling down to her.

"Yeah, I kind of got attacked by a mountain lion." She says, kind of nervous.

So... It was her scarf. I am so grateful that she is not majorly hurt.