Four

After letting everything sink in I started to cry.  Not cry like let a few tears fall, but cry like bawling like a baby who is lost and wants Mommy.  This was pretty much what I was crying for.  I know I didn’t always like my mom, but I didn’t want her dead.  After I was reduced to only sniffles I picked up the phone and called Henry.  “Hello?” He asked

“Hey.”

“What’s up, you sound all weird, like you’ve been crying.”

“That’s because I have been crying, I have to tell you something.  Will you come over?”

“You forgot, I am at work and you have my truck.” 

“Oops, so I’ll just come to you.  Okay?”

“Sure, but you were going to pick me up either way.”

“See you soon, bye.”

“Bye, Cel.”

After we hung up I cried some more, but then I pulled myself together and got up.  Only when I finished standing up did I realize that sitting on the hard bathroom floor for that long was not that good of an idea, my butt was so sore.  Only after stretching and hearing at least twelve different pops did I walk to my room to get ready to leave.  After brushing my mass of tangles I looked into the mirror and sighed, even with untangled hair I still looked like a train wreck, so I called Henry back to tell him to hold on while I got ready.  Then I walked to the hall closet and pulled out a wash cloth, ran it under cold water, and laid down on my bed with it over my eyes.  The cloth was to get rid of the red and puffiness.  After about ten minutes I sat up and took it off.  When I walked into the bathroom I saw it worked, but my hair was messy again from laying in bed.  After debating whether I should put it up or down I decided on putting it up.

I then walked outside, locked the door, and hopped in Henry’s hulking beast of a truck.  When I got to the Cliff Hanger I saw Henry standing inside waiting for me.  Hearing the bell above the door he turned around and walked over to me.  Stopping a few inches away he asked, “What’s wrong Cel?”

Softly laughing I asked, “Am I really that easy to read?”

“Yep, now tell me what’s wrong.”

               All of a sudden my lip started to quiver, and I got that feeling in my eyes that you get before you cry.  “She’s d-dead,” And that was all I could spit out before I burst into tears and slumped onto the floor.  Henry didn’t say anything, just knelt down next me and hugged me to him, whispering, “It’s going to be okay.”

               I don’t know how long we were like that, but long enough for it to be getting dark by the time I pulled my self together.  We walked out to the truck hand in hand.  After helping me into the truck he walked over to the drivers’ side and hopped in.  I pulled my legs up to my chest and set my head on my knees.  Closing my eyes I felt Henry’s hand touch my back.  Realizing he was just trying to comfort me I relaxed and leaned into him. 

               We didn’t say anything for a while, just sat there, him rubbing circles on my back and me just sitting there curled up against his chest.  Just when I was dozing off he slowly turned on the car and backed out of his parking spot.  Grumbling about how I was comfy I changed positions and fell into a deep sleep.