After smoking under the beautiful Jacaranda Trees.

Chapter 2 

Orientation comes and we meet new people. Akhona was hyper, Thokozani being humble was the only stable we had. I was being weird all of a sudden, sitting there not connecting with anyone. 20 minutes later, Master comes in. At that point I'm chilling with my pride on 100%, he sits behind us and says "Ola gents, what's happening here ?" I replied instantly. In my head I went back to high school, I was the loudest person in every class I attended back there. He was loud. We were the loudest people in class and that alone gave us a bit of recognition in our group, one of my friends was there with us as if he is part of our PR group, talk about early stages of bunking. This friend of ours was not too much on alcohol, only Master and I were too much at the time. 

On our first lunch break of the semester I ask, where can we find at least two beers to satisfy our thirst and also deal with hunger ? We head out to Amaros PTA. It's a Tuesday, we get there and we tell the bouncer that we just there for a meal. I was looking like a twelve year old at that time. I was so comfortable with asking everybody what they want to drink while we wait for the food. We chat about our backgrounds over cold beers early in the morning. Hearing their stories about how they were brought up, I could tell that I was a bit fortunate to be able to relate to some of their stories. The only difference between me and them was that I associated myself with genuine friends instead of a bunch of vultures. Did you cut off some of your high school friends ? Don't blame yourself, you did good.

Amaros was our home, lunch time everyday that week we were there. We would even go to class with our bellies filled with beer and our heads filled with the smooth sounds of jazz that was playing there. He who was not part of the group was responsible for answering questions in class while me and Mass turned on the charm, laugh about it. We then realised that we are missing out on school work because of what we were doing but we just couldn't stop doing the things. After class everyday we would go home for sundowners, by sundowners I mean 12 pack Heineken, 6+ Red Bulls and shots of every spirit we had back at home. Instead of stopping, we got people to tell us of what's happening in class while we were out on leisure.

Outside Amaros, we had Thabo Sehume Buildings. When I got here, I didn't care about the gents from Delmas because none of them were my friends. The relationship I had built with Akhona and Thokozani lead me to coming back down to live with the gents... I don't want to lie, I learned a lot from these people. Our way of living here was just easy, too easy if you ask me. Everyday in the morning, everyone would wake up in their respective rooms, go to school and come back around 13h00. I'd normally take Ak after dropping off my bag by my place, leaving my roommate in there doing nothing. Room 309 was the place to be back then. Everyday around 16h00 we would go buy weed uptown and it was some good weed, it was different.

We would stand outside in a circle of 6 with one of us not being too much of a stoner, instead he'd go buy a couple of beers at the O'bar. We would smoke weed and then go to the O'bar to get more beers. Everyday 18h00 we make something to eat. We would fill that long corridor and then we walk like a bunch of turtles. We get to floor 3 KF, I'm responsible for transporting cooking material to the kitchen. It was only Twin and Castro who knew how to cook back then. I swear we became known there because of the noise and the fact that we were always drunk. Sometimes we would go there cook with wonderful souls like Mathapelo, Nthabiseng, Revelation just to mention a few. I was the cutest creature in the kitchen and I'm still unrivalled.

Everybody was a boss around that time, even you. Yes, I'm talking to however is reading, you all were bosses when you got here, you were capable of pulling any stunt at any given time. Around that time we would eat a braai pack in one day then wake up to buy some more, and then afford to buy lunch for your crush back at school, gents ? Am I lying ? Don't cap. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=808577746167769&set=pb.100010466520273.-2207520000.1571231946.&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=643853486046939&set=bc.AbqpK0A8N5-f5I3SZMS1EklIOZIlxQBJwFq6J6NHhcVJRPZbvJxIQ8tBL53Cb1OXDx_5mTx-J8pdwZitXv4SHKIjk_7Wli41682abr5eh1EVCwGLs5r9HYyRJ9fukJ4lCbc&type=1&opaqueCursor=Aboo_QS9oOB1ONMdbiZpOsKXFlbgImUDBWYHYwAaiRrcP3yrvUruAfc6VMosXBmbjFnRjleon8fT--axK-D8Q66M827BEQ26DF64wvS4ZeEyFhq2TQWPYhrjW0SMXjGzOhu9AzflrR52LyUeTzK2Jhul9Ws2uwQ8qCJyxvlb0mzF3IuLzYPTh3Z7QoT-wXo3sUM6jReqC_oIHlf6XGYAEux4nKfbD0WH_PpCb_fBbYD9TOmv4ajXEE1fNAP-jcDku4zQHZ2Kp7nZl9vicesWeg199kuc8167NGDhGF-zepXhwrMy8ml-9IE-91zXZAtzzVJbe2XVxJ0reMiQsKRqTl2X-XbS1-gQX4DenPprmmW7bwozGqxOGjpTb0J_84DXuEo8-R3yX5-Jp9SQrEnaioPWLNgoXYe53Jq9zCMA29PC2Oif8mjsqdQFtiAA8fpfN5UFXIMvb8M5-eABqsncNNu-L1_pwQVhvITjnDPd0WLjRfRo0nj6xTZCwNvP7FB7p5Fa4YjBu7afPmMVgUrywW9K&theater

We were capable of anything. Thursday morning we don't have a class to attend, Mass is in town. I find Mass, we go to the gents back at TSB while his younger brother is viewing the rooms. We go out, the brother leaves, now we bored. We get Sanchero while the others are showering. Was called boss by that doorman, that was respect, "Bayoze Bavume weeeeeeeee"- Pekk

The gents arrive, others were told to go back at the door because they are young. That was fixed with ease, we bribed that dude. You know our country. Everyone is inside, it's a rooftop vibe at home, looking down on beautiful cars going down Bosman Street, God Bless. Ordered a platter of wings, we ate. Ak got back from school later, ordered some more. Pity Castro's stay was cut short by our favourite DJ Karabo and Bongani.

 The Cabin Crew Weekend: First Freshers

The boys bunk a class to go find a guest house around town close Levels PTA. On that weekend things didn't go accordingly and we had to improvise. It's raining in town, Mass come through with 2 boxes of Heineken, we hide them at Lindo's place. Instead of heading to Levels, we go home to see Frank Casino... Okay I vibe, I ended up hyping the crowd for him. I also had a small chat with uncle Junior on that night.

My roommate was there and the vibe was good. We dance, I got uncomfortable because these two slay queens are looking at me. We then took off to Levels with Xik, Lindo and Teekay. We get to Levels, the bouncers let us in without paying or presenting a ticket, okay... We find the others, it's vibe, we started from scratch with fun, Kabza is in the building, Phorry was there, didn't see Boity anywhere. We go back to TSB, there's wine, we get caught.

09h00 Saturday morning Mass calls for one box, 09h30 we are outside drinking. We finish that box so that we can eat. We go in to eat, we ate. Everyone is at AJO, we managed to slip in something flavoured in strawberry, K'sazoba Lit. Mpho had a shot and turned pink instantly, it felt nice to sit with your brothers after a lit night featuring a nice looking like bottle. It was time for goodbyes, till we vibe again.