treize

Notes: didn't have time to edit!! Sorry for any mistakes, maybe I'll go back in later.

Richie and Eddie have been spending a lot of time together. Like, a lot. They hang out with the other Losers, too, but they'll always hang out alone afterwards, and beforehand, and really in any free time they've got. They enjoy each other's company quite a bit, it seems.

The long, Derry winter is still stretching on. And Eddie is still wearing shorts. Richie has to wear a million layers to keep warm. But the cold doesn't seem to bother Eddie that much, and honestly, Richie isn't that surprised by it. Eddie's a ball of sunshine, he can never get too cold.

The two are at Eddie's house for a change. He's got a fairly small backyard, so they're sitting on his little patio, chatting away. Eddie doesn't really want to be inside with his mother, especially not with Richie there.

"Man, my legs are freezing." Eddie shivers.

"Want me to come sit on 'em?" Richie winks, grinning. Eddie can never tell if he's joking.

"No, you'd crush me." He replies, and it's a fair point.

"You should've put some fucking pants on, then." Richie shrugs, gesturing to Eddie's short shorts. He doesn't mind Eddie wearing shorts instead of pants, though. Because... you know.

"Whatever." Eddie rolls his eyes, tugging the fabric of his shorts down just a little in a futile attempt to cover more skin. "I can't believe it's this cold and it's not snowing."

But Eddie spoke too soon. Right after the words leave his mouth, a snowflake lands on his nose, and he looks up to see the snow begin. Soft little flakes of white float down to the earth, nestling in Richie and Eddie's gentle curls. They're quick to melt on the boys' warm skin, but they stay in their hair a little longer.

Eddie looks over to Richie, who's staring back at him. Richie looks... really good, with snowflakes all in his unruly hair, his nose and cheeks red against his milky skin. Richie thinks the same of Eddie, with his rosy face and light freckles and perfect everything. Richie sticks his tongue out to catch the snowflakes, but he doesn't get any. Eddie shakes his head with a small smile.

"We should head in, I guess." Eddie says quietly. He's a little confused by the stare-off they'd just shared.

"Yeah, spaghetti. Let's go inside, say hi to Mrs. K." Richie grins as he stands up, and their little moment is over. He extends a hand to help Eddie up, and the small boy takes it. Richie pulls him to his feet and they both laugh a little as Eddie stumbles, and then they head inside.

"Don't call me that." Eddie reminds the boy as Richie opens the door for him, and they both step through.

As Richie follows Eddie inside, he instinctively puts a hand on Eddie's upper back to guide him, and Eddie tenses a little. But he likes it. He likes Richie touching him in any way.

"Oh, good, I was about to call you in. I keep telling you it's too cold out there." Eddie's mother scolds as soon as the two enter the kitchen, where she's busy making dinner. "You'll get sick, Eddie-bear."

"Yeah, I agree. You should really be more careful, Eddie-bear." Richie bites back a grin as he speaks, feigning genuine concern. Eddie kicks him in the shin.

"We're going to go up to my room, alright, ma?" Eddie says in a soft voice that Richie has only ever heard him use with his mother. Eddie has to stay on her good side if he's going to be able to do, well, anything.

"That's fine. Come give me a kiss first." Eddie's mother points to her cheek. Richie bites down hard on his lip to keep himself from laughing as Eddie gives a heavy sigh. He trudges over and presses a kiss to her cheek, then walks back to Richie, glaring at his expression.