Dining And Diving Under The Stars

"Can't believe Handy talked me into this," Pop muttered as he tried to fix his bowtie in the mirror, "What the hell was I thinking?"

As if summoned by hearing his name, the orange-haired construction worker entered the room. He gave his friend an amused smile as he stared at the man's fumbling hands try to straighten his bowtie. When the sandy-haired man finally got his bowtie looking perfect he turned to face Handy, staring at him with a nervous expression.

"Does my tie look okay? Do you think I should fix my hair? Maybe-"

Handy shushed him, waving his arms in a calming gesture, "You look great, bud. Fantastic."

Pop calmed down a bit, letting out a sigh as he smiled, "Sorry, just be a while since this old guy's been in the datin' game, ya know?"

Handy nodded, "No worries, you're gonna be fine. Just be yourself and it'll all go great."

Pop muttered, "Just be myself. Okay. . .okay, I can do that."

"Great! And don't worry about Cub, I'll watch him until you get back."

Handy then left to go find the toddler, leaving Pop alone as he thought just one thing that wouldn't leave his head.

"Wait, who's my date anyway?"

X X X

Petunia was knee-deep in rhinestone covered jackets and was about to snap.

She was just finishing up with picking out a jacket to go with Disco Bear's outfit. It took a bit to find one that was covered in sequins or overly bright orange, but after rummaging through the ginger man's gigantic closet, she found a black blazer and threw it to him.

"Put this on."

Disco Bear caught the jacket with one hand, slinging it over his shoulder as he eyed the girl, "You're still not telling who I'm going on this date with, are ya?"

"Nope. It's called a blind date for a reason."

As Disco Bear slipped on the blazer, his face suddenly split into a grin as he looked at the blue-haired girl. She glanced up from the piles of jackets to find the man's green eyes on her and she stared back at him with a confused frown.

"What?"

"I think I figured out who my date is, little lady."

"Did you really now? Who?"

"You."

Petunia frowned, shaking her head, "Nope. You are completely wrong."

"Is it Giggles?"

"No."

"The shy redhead, Flaky?"

"Nope."

"How about the weird girl who talks to that cucumber or whatever?"

"No! And even if it was any of them, I'm not gonna say yes. Like I said before, it's called a blind date for a reason, Disco Bear."

Disco Bear frowned, "Well, where's the fun in that?"

Petunia let out an annoyed sigh and didn't even respond as she just started to throw all of the jackets and tops back in the closet. She just hoped after this date that Disco Bear would finally leave her and her friends alone.

But even that would need a miracle.

X X X