Chapter 3: Emergency Room

Jimin's POV

[Flashback]

Red lights flashed on and off around my small body.

Tears running down my face, I continue screaming, "Mommy! Mommy! Daddy?"
There are multiple adults touching me and asking me questions that I can not respond to.

The walls are green and white, darkness and shadows clouding everything around me.

My eyes squint, exhaustion filling my small mind.

The last thing I see is a masked doctor putting on blue gloves before I slipped away into darkness.

[Present]

My head is spinning round and round as behind my eyes fills with bright, flashing lights.

I sit up abruptly and open my eyes to a dark and silent room, Namjoon's bedroom. I feel dizzy as a sharp pain shoots through my head and I let out a scream. Namjoon stirs besides me.

I look down to see my arms & hands are scraped and bleeding profusely, as well as, feel something dripping down my forehead. I reach up to touch my forehead tentatively, to find a mixture of sweat and blood pouring down my face. My eyes widen with fear as more and more pain goes throughout my body. I scream once more, feeling more agonizing pain coming from my left shoulder.

I throw on my shoes and run towards the tram. I hear Namjoon struggling to keep up behind me, trying to figure out what is going on. The last thing I see before heading out of the Pod is Mrs. Kim poking her sleepy head out of her room, a puzzled look on her face.

Stuck in the maze that is my mind, I feel the pain radiating all throughout my body as we barely made it into the emergency cart of the underground tram. We back out of the station, speeding down the tracks. My own fear and emotions trying to win over the others swirling around in my head, my mind trying to figure out what was happening to my body. Having no control over someone else's emotions that I now have to deal with, really makes life difficult.

The tram pulls into the station, "Emergency Room" flashing in red lights above. I am immediately directed to the Connected wing of the Hospital, seeing as I had no "actual" reason that would be causing all these injuries and pain.

I go to sit down, while my aches and pains continue to course through my veins. I have been to this hospital so many times due to my Father's actions. The nurses recognize me as soon as I walk in, but they still have to officially register me each and every time I walk through the doors. Namjoon is talking with the nurses at the desk, unsure of how to best answer their questions.

A nurse directs me to an examining room down the hall. Walking down the hall, the smell of the hospital makes my nose crinkle in disgust as my pains start to decrease. I glance into the examining rooms as I go by, in one room, I see a boy who is laying asleep in a hospital bed. His head is wrapped in gauze and his left shoulder in a sling.

An invisible rope pulls me towards this boy and I enter the room, leaving the nurse still walking down the hallway. Even wrapped in bandages and gauze, this boy is mesmerizing. His smooth tan skin looks soft and a single strand of orange hair falls out from behind the gauze.

Approaching the bed, I reach out to move the strand out of his closed eyes-

"Mr. Park?" The nurse asks, snapping my attention towards the door, I quickly run my hand through my hair.

"Yeah, um sorry," I whisper.

"Let's keep moving please." The nurse says and guides me back into the hallway.