Ch.2: Inquiry of Quartet

The progress of the first day in this world was catching up with the city's inhabitants. The sun reached its peak, and the humidity grew stronger, and despite the outside air rising in intensity, the teenage girl just stood casually on the train platform pondering what to do next. Karin tilted her head to the side, her right foot tapping as she inspects the object in front, one she never saw before: A vending machine.

"Hmmm...ok I think solved it," a moment of hesitation followed before pressing the big green button and suddenly a water bottle popped out. 'Oh, sweet and speaking of sweet,' she picked up her drink and inspected the machine looking at all the options for drinks she never tried before.

'Can't tell what's even the difference, eh whatever eeny, meeny, miny...you. ' Karin chuckles to herself as she makes the purchase. Karin grabs her drink as her train arrives behind her, she boards intending to head further up the city.

Onboard, she checks her phone to make sure she not getting lost again, 'Going by the address and location; she must live in an apartment complex, wonder how they're all doing right now?' Karin's first objective would be to find Mami Tomoe and Nagisa Momoe, both conveniently lived in the same apartment. Karin importantly noted that this is more of a simple spying mission rather than a meet and greet. Karin knows that will happen sooner or later but like the others said it needs to happen gradually, besides she didn't feel ready yet to talk to anyone now.

11:30 am

Karin was slumped down in her seat in the empty train car gulping down her soda, pondering what is going on around her, "This world is so peaceful, friends shopping for clothes, getting food just down the street than scavenging and arguments just over where to hang out. If I were in their shoes, I would probably be fooled too by all of this." she said sadly before turning angry at the thought of her enemy.

"If she's as much in control of this time like in my world then it's likely she has them wrapped around her fingers." Karin grew up with some idea of what the old world was like but seeing it with her own eyes ended up making her more shocked than anything else. "If only it stayed this way" the thought quickly goes away as Karin saw she has arrived and heads out to Mami's apartment.

She approaches the street which the complex resides in and begins to scan where her room is, entering the bottom floor's lobby to get a closer look, she decides to enter the elevator to get to the level instead do her usual scouting from afar. The elevator ascends while Karin stares outside, 'I should try to take it easy for now ' Karin worriedly thought as she brings out her phone showing how much of her time is left. 'A little over seven hours, and that's just in my normal state, I gotta hurry.' She thought just as the elevator arrived with the door opening to reveal the two she's been searching.

It took a while for Karin to react to the surprise appropriately meanwhile the mature and well-dressed Mami Tomoe was discussing something with the smaller and child-like Nagisa Momoe, "Is their someplace your particularly interested? " Mami said to Nagisa in a parental tone

"Mmm, nope but I'll tell you if I do," Nagisa responded till she and subsequently Mami noticed the girl in the elevator staring at them rather oddly.

"Oh, apologies please you first, " Mami said calmly and opening the way for the girl to exit.

"uhh, t-thank you " Karin responded rather quietly as she walks out. After a few steps, she felt she was in the clear until a voice came from behind, and she promptly curses to herself.

"Do you live here?" the question coming from the higher pitch Nagisa.

Karin hesitated for a second before turning around and acknowledging the question but noticed Mami look down on Nagisa and showed her teaching skills. "Nagisa I told you that it's rather rude to ask strangers personal questions, please forgive us for bothering you, " Mami said maturely, it sparked something that made Karin respond.