『𝟏𝟏』

now look carefully
all the things i need to take from here
i will take
clc - hobgoblin
_____

«hwa, cheer up! it's already friday!»

seonghwa rolled his eyes, before directing them towards his friend.

«already? this has been one of the longest weeks of my life, honestly»

«oh, c'mon. aren't you excited about going out tomorrow? it was you who suggested it after all»

he shrugged, leaning back on his chair.

«yeah, i guess i am»

«we'll have a good time, you'll see» hongjoong reassured, smiling.

after some seconds of silence between the two, only filled by the chatting and laughing from the rest of the students in the classroom, the taller of the two hummed, frowning slightly.

«isn't mr. kim a bit late today?»

«yeah, he is» hongjoong agreed «perhaps he is-»

before he could finish, the door was opened carelessly, hitting the wall in the process. the younger boy jumped on his seat due to the startling noise, while seonghwa just stared at the girl that was entering the classroom. he could swear he knew who she was.

she walked to the blackboard, turning around to face them all. her smile had a hint of something seonghwa couldn't really pinpoint, but he had the feeling that it was not good at all.

«good morning» she started «my name is kang hyewon»

then seonghwa remembered.

«this is the seventh class i visit today» the girl continued «because i wanted to spread a very important message»

hongjoong gazed at seonghwa with distrust, only to find that he had the same expression written all over his face.

«mysterious matchmaker» hyewon said, while looking at the students one by one «you have to be anywhere in this school, so i'll find you sooner or later. we have some pending matters to solve, if you know what i mean. and after i find out who you are, i'll make sure that you pay for what you did to me»

nobody dared to speak up. seonghwa tensed in his seat, trying to hide his anxiety as much as he could. he turned his hands into fists, clenching them until his knuckles turned white.

hyewon looked at all of them closely, as if she wanted to find any possible hint on their faces. when her eyes found seonghwa's, he felt like she was reading all his deepest thoughts.

when she finally left, it was quiet as a tomb. then some curious murmurs rose up again, and seonghwa released the air that he had unconsciously held in his lungs.

«what was that?» hongjoong whispered, as if he feared she could hear him «i literally felt like she was staring into my soul»

«i know» the other said, closing his eyes and trying to recover from the situation «she was scary as fuck»

«but isn't she one of san's ex's?»

«yeah, i think so»

«man, i feel bad for whoever the matchmaker is» hongjoong sighed «i wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now»

«me neither» seonghwa admitted.

and he really meant it.

then someone came in again. this time, seonghwa didn't have any trouble recognising who it was.

«hello, guys» the man greeted «you have class with mr. kim, right?»

«mr. park!» hongjoong exclaimed, delighted to see his favourite teacher.

«oh, hongjoong» he returned the smile «nice to see you. it's such a shame that you don't have music anymore, i miss having you in my lessons»

«i know, right?»

«but well, since mr. kim didn't come today, i have to keep an eye on you all»

the teacher was a young man, he was probably not even thirty. besides, he had brown, fluffy hair and a youthful face that made him look even younger. seonghwa remembered when he took music years ago, and how mr. park always succeeded in making his lessons enjoyable. hongjoong was unquestionably his best student.

the hour went by surprisingly quick, seonghwa making the most of his time by doing some homework, while his friend animatedly talked to the young man.

even if they all had the same topic in mind during lunch, nobody really wanted to bring it up. that was until wooyoung decided it was time to open his mouth, of course.

«did that crazy girl get into your classrooms as well?»

«she got into all classrooms» mingi replied.

«but i don't get why she needed to do that» jongho said «wouldn't it have been easier to just private-message the account?»

«it wouldn't have had the same result» yeosang opined, attracting the interest of all his friends «of course she could have just done that, it would've been a thousand times easier. but now, everyone is aware of it. everyone will now be on the lookout for strange behaviour, for hints of who the matchmaker is. if someone finds out, we all will»

seonghwa shivered, suddenly feeling like he would throw up if he kept eating. he left his chopsticks on the table, trying to act as if nothing was bothering him. when, in the end, he had never been more scared in his life.

and no, he wasn't scared of what that girl could do to him. he wasn't scared of physical harm, of offensive comments, he couldn't care less about that. but if his friends —if yeosang— found out, he was sure that they wouldn't forgive him.

«san, you've been too quiet» mingi observed «she's an ex of yours, right? do you happen to know anything about it?»

san lifted his head, humming slightly.

«i guess that, whatever affairs she has with the matchmaker, it has to do with me. she used to spam me with messages back when i broke up with her, so i ended up blocking her number»

wooyoung snorted, shaking his head.

«but i thought she would have got over it by now» san admitted «and if she's trying to get back with me, she should know that i won't accept»

«well, don't worry too much» yunho said «she surely seems to be a little obsessed, but she doesn't seem dangerous. she might be throwing all these threats now, but i don't think she'll do anything in the end»

«yeah, yunho is right» yeosang agreed «she might just want san's attention»

but oh, little did they know about how much chaos that unusual intervention would cause.