Hidden love (Bully to Lover alternate ending)

Brendon Urie... Ah how you loved that guy. He had been your crush for a few years now, but the only bad thing is: he's an asshole.

~~~~~~~~
"Alright everyone, don't forget to do page 48 for homework!" the teacher exclaimed as you pack up your things to go to your next period. You walked to your locker and got out your books for your next subject. Just as you were about to close your locker, the locker door shut right in your face to reveal Brendon with a sly smirk as his expression. "What's up, nerd" he exclaimed as always. Deciding to ignore it, you slowly walk away; that's when you felt a push and bam!, you fell to the ground- face first.

Your books were scattered all over the high school floor and your peers snickered and chuckled at this humiliating sight. Your face immediately got red from all this embarrassment. Trying not to shed a tear, you start to pick your books up. That's when he stroke again- "Need a hand with those, honey?" Brendon said. Then, he slammed a hand down your now-neat pile of books sending them to the ground again. "Oops! Sorry! My hand slipped!" he chuckled- putting an emphasis on 'slipped'.

You didn't understand why he did this though. You had always been nice to him- extra nice since he was your crush. You always held doors for him, gave him homework answers, you even gave him $20 in lunch money for Pete's sake! But he always repaid you with misery. Oh how you suffered every single day.

Getting the last of your books, you quickly ran to the bathroom and cried: cried like there was no tomorrow. You were pretty sure you were disturbing classes nearby since someone came and asked if you were okay. You simply nodded and said they were private-family issues. You locked yourself into a stall and cried and that's when you heard it- a masculine voice call your name.

"Y/N? Are you in here? It's me, Brendon..." he said with all the sympathy in his voice. You didn't respond since he knew what he did was wrong- you even stopped your cries and sobs. "Y/N, please come out...- I'd like to talk to you..."

Unsure of what to do in this situation; you slowly get out of your stall and rinse your face to remove some tears.

You meet Brendon outside of the girls' bathroom- red eyes and puffy face. His expression turns extremely soft and hugs you. Shocked in this situation you stiffen yourself.

"Y/N, I'm extremely sorry for making your life a living hell and for not showing you how I truly feel. You see, Y/N, I've liked you for some time now and me- being the inconsiderate jerk I am- didn't know how to tell you. You don't know how tremendously sorry I am for all the suffering I have caused you and I hope you can forgive me one day..." he said and stood by your side as he waited for a response. Finally ready to answer, you looked up to him and started to speak.
"Brendon, I've liked you for a long time too," you said, instantly making his face light up "but you've just caused me so much pain and suffering that I don't think I could forgive you. I'm sorry Brendon, but I can't be with you..." you said- meaning every single word.

After your statement he stood frozen- tears filling his eyes. His expression had changed from an optimistic and hopeful smile to an embarrassed and melancholy frown,

    With that, you hugged him and walked away leaving him full of sadness. Who knew that under the cruel and unsympathetic bully, there was a lover.