Chapter 3 - Settling In

Saying goodbye to my beloved best friends was one of the hardest things I'd ever done. Maya, Aprille and Skye; my three favourite girls and I were about to be broken apart from something we couldn't help. I really couldn't believe that my destiny chose Korea over my best friends.

I didn't stop crying until we reached the aircraft. People looked at me as if I had murdered someone while we went through the gate.

______________________________________

"Beef lasagne?" the cake faced flight attendant read off a piece of paper.

"Ah, over here." Isaac said as he checked her out. The flight attendant flashed an obvious flirty smile. My face scrunched up as I examined her features. I narrowed my eyes as I studied their every move.

"So, how's Hayley, she's missing you a lot, isn't she?" I smartly asked Isaac loudly. The flight attendant's head shot up.

"Wha- what?" Isaac hesitated as he shuffled in his seat.

"Don't tell me you've forgotten your girlfriend!" I laughed, playfully punching him on the shoulder. The flight attendant quickly placed the rest of our orders on our trays and shot Isaac a look as she made her way to the other side of the plane. Isaac sighed and changed his uncomfortable to a killer's look as he noticed me giggling.

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?" he said gritting his teeth. "I don't even have a girlfriend."

"Oh?" I sarcastically replied fixing my eyes on my chicken schnitzel. "My bad!"

Isaac took his narrowed eyes off me and angrily opened up his heated up lasagne.

The chicken schnitzel on my tray looked dry and disgusting compared to James's delicious spaghegtti that he had just opened up.

"Wanna swap?" I eagerly asked as my mouth watered. He slightly lifted his head up, examining my unattractive schnitzel.

"Pfft, no way!" he victoriously chuckled. I folded my arms and stuck my tongue out at him.

"You can have some of mine!" Isaac said with a smirk as I turned my head to him. I smiled as I looked at his lasagne, then narrowed my eyes.at him, knowing that there must've been a catch.

"What's the catch?" I asked suspiciously.

"You have to let me use your iPod." he said.

"Where's yours?" I selfishly asked him.

"No battery." he said pulling out his hand for my iPod. I rolled my eyes and gave in as I slapped my iPod into his hand. I quickly cut off some lasagne from his plate and placed it onto mine. I stuffed a mouthful of lasagne in my mouth, closing my eyes with satisfaction as the yummy sauce smothered my tongue with its goodness.

"You still eat like a kid!" James laughed as he slurped on his spaghetti.

"Like you can talk!" I said pointing at his mouth smothered with sauce. He quickly took a tissue and guiltily wiped the evidence off.

"Are you excited for Korea?" he gently asked as he reached for his drink bottle. I sighed as the thought came back.

"No." I answered looking out the window he was sitting next to.

"But it's gonna be so much more different from New York!" he cheerfully said.

"That's exactly why I'm not so overjoyed." I said pushing my mouth to a side. He let out a small sigh and lightly ruffled my hair.

"Things happen for a reason, and moving to Korea probably is what you're meant to be doing." he smartly said, all grown up. I smiled and laid my head on his shoulder. The mini screen infont distracted me. It displayed a mini plane moving very slowly across an animated globe. I felt more uncomfortable as the mini plane got closer to the little piece of green land that seemed to be Korea. I felt sleepier as I watched the screen, so I decided to rest my eyes and calm my mind to sleep.