4 - til I walk in

6:11 P.M. JST    Your room, Ichino Residents — one day later

         You had also gotten your schedule in your "letter", it said you would be starting on Tuesday, with it being a Saturday, your adoptive family wanted to throw you a party. They told you to go to your room and freshen up until they were ready. You ended up having dinner in your room and staying with Naomi's snake being your only company. You mostly scrolled through Instagram, as you were starting to gain a small following of people you didn't know. You let your fingers run against Aimi's shiny lavender scales, taking a picture or two of the friendly little snake. 

          Aimi seemed rather content with being in your presence, you found that you had that weird effect on animals. You gave her well deserved attention as you waited. You had a feeling this party would be pretty grand but you weren't sure how grand. After all you had never had a party in your life, you barely knew what it was and you had to Google most of what you know now. You dismissed the nerves you had gathered but the anxiety of being around people again still lingered as you sat in your favorite chair, sitting in any way but the correct way. 

          You decided it would be best to take a shower to pass the time. Carrying Aimi to a terrarium you had put in there for all her little visits, you sat her down nicely and allowed her to settle before you gathered your things (which wasn't much) and left to the bathroom which had been the first thing to be redecorated to look less bare bones and more lively. You liked lots of color since you lived without with Pulto. Then your life consisted of 3 colors; black, grey and beige. You we're lucky to see a splash of red every now and then but this was usually the blood splattered across the facility. 

          You shutter at the thought. Trying to clear your mind, you end up putting on music, connecting your phone to the Bluetooth speaker you kept in the bathroom for the most part. The perks of being adopted into such a wealthy family is that you had more than one of almost everything. Money was not an object, especially when spending on you. You often found you could never say you wanted anything around your adoptive mother as she would immediately buy it for you even if you had no practical use for it.

          That is, in fact, how you somehow ended up with a ¥27210.38 bag of popcorn. Just simply because you weren't sure what it would taste like if it was that expensive and she ended up buying it like it was nothing but mere spare change. You had never been so amazed but were starting to realize that the rich had way different spending habits for the most part. You never felt so lucky. Not just to live this luxury lifestyle, but to have parents who cared for you and your wants and needs.

          You had managed to stop worrying about all you had been before. You turned on the water and began stripping. This was probably going to be the last of your alone time so you tried to savor it, stepping in the shower and letting out a breath you didn't realize you had been holding. A wave of relaxation came to you as the water hit your skin. The rest of your nerves now started to fade into this weird numb limbo of worry but not panic. Psyching yourself up usually seemed to work so you would try.

          "It's gonna be fine. You'll have fun, maybe make new friends, enjoy the night. If you get overwhelmed just take a breather, maybe find Naomi." Your shoulders dropped from their tense state, a feeling of complete satisfaction washing over you.

6:50 P.M. JST    Your room again, I'm pretty sure you know

          You had showered and put on something kind of nice. It was a bit quirky, your style usually was since you had the freedom to be, but it wasn't an eyesore. Naomi had taught you the art of fashion and from there on you made your own reasonable choices. This time you were feeling smart casual sort of vibes. Nice black jeans, short sleeved button up and the Vans you usually wore with everything. To keep your continuity of strange fashion some socks with little eyes on them to color match your [favorite color] shirt.