Chapter 5

Adam’s POV

Adam sighed heavily as he dropped his stuff on the floor of his house. His two dogs, Bones and Charlie, came running up to him. He had asked Jesse to look after them while he was gone.

“Hey guys, I missed you,” he said as he knelt down to pet them. They then ran off to play and Adam went into the kitchen and grabbed a beer. He took it to the living room and sat down. If he hadn’t have been such a weirdo, he and Blake would still be at the ranch, hanging out like two straight guys, and nothing would be awkward between them. Instead I had to kiss him. He stupidly kissed a guy that had no interest in him whatsoever but who he was beginning to fall for. It was fucked up. Bad.

I thought I was straight. I had a girlfriend. I would still have a girlfriend if she didn’t cheat on me. I hate her, but I kinda miss her. I kissed a guy. More than that, I have feelings for a guy. That guy is my best friend. Am I gay? No, because I still like women. But I guess I’m not completely straight…am I bi? No…well yes, but only for Blake…but it doesn’t matter what the hell I feel. Blake doesn’t feel the same way. I know for sure he’s straight. I just need to let this whole stupid thing go and move on.

He looked at his home phone answering machine and saw that he had a couple calls from various people and thankfully none from Behati. His band mates didn’t know he was home yet, they expected him gone a couple more days, and he didn’t have any intentions of letting them know he was back. They’d ask questions and that was definitely not something he wanted to get into. He’d lay low for a few more days, then get back into the studio and hopefully not see Blake again for a while.

***

He was finally back in the studio with everyone. Adam was trying to finish the lyrics to a new song but the only thing that kept popping into his head was Blake’s stupid song. He couldn’t get his mind off Blake. At first it was Behati, now this…

“Ugh, guys, I just can’t do this. I’ve got nothing,” he said as he walked over to where James and Mickey were seated, eating donuts. “But at least I was doing more than you.”

They brushed off the comment and James said, “Where’s Behati? Haven’t seen her here lately.”

Damn, I never told them. Well, now or never.

“Uh, yeah about that…we broke up.”

James nearly spit out a bite of doughnut. “You what?! I thought you two were gonna get married man!”

“Yeah, well, things changed,” Adam said as he straddled backwards on a chair.

“What changed?” Mickey said. By now Matt, Jesse, Sam, and PJ had heard the chatter and walked over.

“What’s up?” Matt said.

“Last week, after The Voice finale, I came home and found her in bed with someone. I told her to get the hell out of my house and out of my life. I heard from her once, but she didn’t want to try to fix things. So we’re done.” Everyone looked pretty shocked, which was to be expected.

“And you’re just telling us this now?” Jesse said.

“I’m sorry guys. I wanted to tell you earlier, I swear, but then me and Blake went on our trip and it just sorta slipped my mind.”

“Yeah, how was that?” Mickey asked.

“Blake’s place? It was super nice. We had fun.” He noticed James staring at him with a smirk on his face. “What?”

“Nothing,” James said. “I’m really sorry about Behati.” The others joined in on their apologies.

“Thanks.”