Monster In The Closet

Click! The wardrobe door unlocked. A claw came sprawling out of the wardrobe. The creature then showed it’s horrifying face. Piercing amber eyes, razor sharp teeth, and an ivory white face. It crawled out of the closet growling, drooling in hunger. And then it lunged for me.

I jolted awake from my horrific nightmare. Arms shaking, my face drenched in sweat. I looked at the clock. '' 2:47 am’’ I glanced at the wardrobe door fear consuming my mind. I gripped the duvet and pulled it over my head. I shut my eyes and took heavy breaths. I heard the sound of a door opening as I curled into a ball. A living ball full of fear and anxiety. The sounds of footsteps and claws scratching the floor boards started. I clenched my duvet and tried to silence my breathing.
My duvet was slowly being dragged off of me as the silky texture of the fabric slides past my skin. I clenched harder, but the sheet of fabric was forcefully ripped pulled off my body. Now, I’m completely exposed to whatever was in front of me. I slightly lifted my eyelids only to see the same monster from my dreams. Tears slowly began to fill my eyes. '' this is it’’ I thought. '' this is my end. The end of my life so horrific, my life so depressing’’ I fully opened my eyes, getting a complete view of the gruesome creature crouching on top of me, crawling closer and closer every second.

It reached for my collar and hooked it with one claw. Anxiety filled my chest as a chill ran down my spine. It carefully dragged its claw down my shirt, ripping it in half. Luckily, I wore a white shirt underneath. The monsters glowing amber orbs stared directly through me, piercing my soul as it drooled on me, soaking the hem of my pajamas. It brought its head onto my chest as it uttered a low growl. It slowly raised its head, and as sudden as it appeared, in a swift movement it lunged and sank its jaggy teeth through my shoulder. Blood oozed out as I tried to opened my mouth to call for help, but it muffled my cries with its large claw. Tears of pain began to slide down my cheeks. I raised my arms and grabbed the creature’s head, trying to push it away. I grew weaker and weaker as my blood stained my bedsheets and pillows until I grew limp. My eyes shut and I fainted as the creature removed its head away from my shoulder.

''beep! Beep! Beep!’’ the alarm clock wailed as my eyes slowly opened I jolted up and took heavy breaths. I looked down on my bed and pillows. The bed sheets were completely white no blood stains '' it was all just a dream’’ I whispered to myself, inspecting the room which looked completely normal. I tried to stand up but when I moved my shoulder, I felt a stinging pain pierce through me. I quickly stretched the collar of my shirt, there was a mark, a bite mark. The same one from the creature from my dreams. I slowly glanced at the wardrobe door and the door suddenly banged, sending me running out of my bedroom.