LET'S GET STARTED ALREADY

The credits rolled as the ending song played. I checked the time only to find that it was 3am. 'wow I stayed up a bit too late watching Kuroko no basket methinks' I thought as I quietly stretched my arms out before closing my laptop and proceeding to bed. I laid myself down and my eyes closed without resistance.

I sat on a bench in a gym watching from the sidelines as six figures moved on the court swiftly. A three on three battle was taking place as the sound of shoes squeaking on the floor became louder and more common. But suddenly it all stopped. Just stopped. I found six pairs of eyes glued to my face. Each pair of eyes a different color and a different emotion. One pair of eyes caught my attention, one eye was red whilst the other was a blazing gold. They looked sad, like they were staring at something they wished they had. "Haru" a voice said softly. It sent shivers on my spine to hear my name uttered with such a manor. To hear the plead that came from the voice shocked me but before I could mutter a sound I was yanked out of my dreams and crashed into reality.

Waking up to the sound of my alarm clock I groaned. 'why does it feel so early??' I thought. Usually I woke up just before my alarm went off and I felt fine but today it felt like I had a major case of jet lag.

Slamming a fist onto my alarm clock to silence it I got up and quickly got dressed for school. I was still half asleep so I didn't notice the sound of footsteps outside the door.

I had an ensuite in my room so I went there to freshen up. But to my surprise, when I looked in the mirror I did not see me. I saw a girl the same age as me (16) with bright red hair and dark ends. Her eyes were the same red of her hair. Her skin pale and her features resembled a character from Kuroko no Basket. I let out a high pitched scream and ran straight out of the bathroom.

Hurried footsteps made their way to my room which scared me even more. I lived alone in my apartment. Didn't I? The door flew open revealing the one and only Kagami Taiga. 'what the hell?' I thought. "Haru! What happened? Did some perv try to get in here?!?" he asked worried.

"what are y-you here for??" I asked, surprised how shaky my voice was.

A puzzled look spread across his face. "I heard you scream, can't I help my little sister out?"

sister? What was he talking about? I don't have a brother and I'm sure Kagami Taiga is NOT my brother.

Kagami glanced at the clock on my desk and panic spread in his expression. "we're gonna be late for school! Come on!" he grabbed my hand and my bag which had been sitting at the end of the bed. When we reached the front door we put on our shoes and Kagami gave my bag back to me. He dragged me to a school which I assume was Seirin High school. He left me saying he had to go to class and said that I had to see him at lunch time so he could give me my lunch. I was overwhelmed. I was at Seirin high school. Better yet I was Kagami Taiga's SISTER. I looked in my bag for any clues as to where my class was. Lucky for me that I found a timetable for each day of the week. I walked to the classroom that was marked on my timetable.

I entered the classroom and thankfully class was not in session yet. I sat down at the desk in the far back corner next to the window. I settled down and sat there quietly while the teacher walked into the classroom. Soon enough it was lunch break and I walked out of the classroom and wondered towards the field and sat down by myself. I closed my eyes and felt the soft breeze. 'how did I get here? And why is Kagami my brother?' I thought. The grumble of my stomach interrupted my thought process. "oh right onii-san has my lunch" I mumbled not noticing I had said 'onii-san'.

I stood up having decided to find my 'brother'. I walked around lost for a bit until a familiar voice called out. "Haru!! over here!"

"Kagami-kun you shouldn't yell so much" a faint voice said.