Chapter 1

I stepped into the ball, strutting in with my prideful head. My brown hair was pinned back messily but it somehow hung perfectly into the place I wanted them to. The hairstyle Cynthia had once taught me had finally been put into use! It looked really elegant. The baby blue dress was glamourous as many pairs of eyes followed my direction when I entered. The music still blasted loudly though, with many alcoholic drinks people were gulping in a shot.

It was strange for people to keep staring at me. Did I look weird? I remember checking myself in the mirror after dabbing blushers, eyeliners, foundation and even spraying myself with perfume. Ignoring people's stares, I scanned through the crowds to search for Luke and... Alex.

I found that evil jerk, hooking up sluttishly with some innocent young girls there, with his so called 'friends'. I don't think he even knows that his friends are just using him for money since he is a prince. He doesn't even live up to that name ! Call himself some prince. I smirked at him, feeling melancholic at the same time as the last thing he'll experience is true love.

"Hey, Amy. Looking hot there." he commented on my looks pulling me back to earth.

" How about yourself, Luke." I grinned as I nudged his arms. He raised his eyebrows. Silence overwhelmed us until he broke it.

" Have you gotten over him?"

"Who?"

"You know who, Amy. Cynthia told me all that happened with you and Alex and before I left, I even thought that he would take good care of you. Some prince he is but don't think you can avoid the question." he used his fake smile that make girls go hysteric except me.

My eyes flickered to Alex and then back to his heating gaze that is tormenting to my eyes. " Sort of," I said curtly before continuing." Lets catch up more on you, than me okay?"

He narrowed his eyes at me to which I scowled in return. " Fine."

" So, have you taken over your dad's company?" I queried curiously. 

" Yeah, I did. I succeeded it already. How about a kiss for a belated congratulations?" 

" Sure. "

Wait a minute ! What had I just blabbered? I need to make up an excuse really fast or he'll think I'm weird. I blushed as I panicked harder than before, almost gasping for air. Luke's mouth was agape when he heard my response. I practically dug my own grave. Oh Amy, what on Earth have you done?

He stared at me like I was a mad person before his expression turned into the opposite when I continued. " In your dreams, Luke." I added dare-devilishly. Actually, it would be in my dreams if it happened, not his but who cares if that particular phrase saved my own butt?

He laughed at my face which I don't know how it looked right at that moment because a mix of emotions was stirring up my heart and it beats at an irregular pace. I saw the mischeivous glint in his eyes as his smile turned into a smirk. He grabbed my hands and led me to the dance floor.

" May I have a dance, Milady?" he said in a butler tone as he bowed down with his eyes locked on mine with some hidden motive. I scanned his face trying to figure out what he was thinking. " I'll take your silence as a yes, Amy." he said while pulling me towards him abrubtly.

I shook my head indicating that I did not wish to dance.

" Why?"

"I'm no good at dancing, Luke." I said in a small, miserable voice.

" You were always good at everything, but dancing. Even until now? "

" What do you think? " I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes. He chuckled. Our first reunion turned out horribly embarrassing and now, I'm going to try something, I once did badly in?