Chapter 2

The hair and make-up took a long while but the results were very much satisfactory. Hanbin wanted to stick around but he was ushered away, saying it won't be much of a surprise to see me getting ready.

My reflection in the mirror is so unbelievably different from the usual me. If in the morning I looked elegant with the wedding dress, tonight I looked sexy. The smokey-eye make-up paired with the royal blue maxi dress that hugged my curves is a definite eye catcher. I would have protested against it as I prefer being not to be too eye catching but the wedding planner clearly stated that it is exactly what we want for the occasion.

"Now's your chance to take the limelight, Mrs Kim, and it will be perfect! We want everyone to feel jealous that you are taken!"

A knock came at the door and it was shortly opened by Mrs Kim, Hanbin's mother. I recognized her from the ceremony in the morning when we took family photos.

"Oh look at you. You are just beautiful," she came to me and gave me a tight warm hug. Rubbing my arms, she complimented the make-up artist for the amazing job. "I can see why our Hanbinnie fell for you at first sight. Our son has sharp eyes for beauty and he has chosen a really nice girl as a bride."

Hanbin's father, Mr Kim, chuckled and nodded at me as well. "We are glad to welcome you into the family, my dear. I wish your father could have seen today but if he did, he would be proud of you. He'd always wanted the unification of our families. The two of you have done well."

I bowed to both Mr and Mrs Kim, thanking them for coming to see me. Mrs Kim pulled me to the sofa and sat down with my hands in hers. I never knew my mother as she had died during childbirth, and Mrs Kim's tone and caring eyes gave me so much warmth.

"We are sorry for not coming to you earlier, Eun Hee," Mrs Kim patted by hands. "Hanbinnie said he will take care of everything and somehow that child of mine thinks I might scare you off before the wedding."

Her laughter echoed through the room as Mr Kim also followed suit. "I'm glad you are part of our family now. Our son will take care of you well. We can go shopping and do our nails together on some days. I never had a daughter, I'm very much excited to have you around."

Mrs Kim went on and on as I nodded and gave small replies. She is very easygoing and really proud of Hanbin. Though I don't see why anybody wouldn't be proud of such a son, but bit by bit I can see how Hanbin so easily expresses his affection just by seeing his parents. Mr Kim placed a hand on his wife's shoulder as she spoke and the way they look at each other showed that they are very much in love. I suppose that's how people who are truly in love looks at each other. Hanbin grew up in such a warm arms.

Soon after, the make-up artist and the wedding planner gave their final greetings and left the room with their equipment. Hanbin walked in just as they were leaving, giving out a wide smile as soon as he saw his parents.

Mrs Kim immediately got up and gave Hanbin a tight hug and congratulations for the wedding.

"Our son has grown up so well, you even have a wife now," Mrs Kim sounded as if she was going to cry.

"Omma," Hanbin hugged her tightly. I almost sobbed too, it's such a touching scene for me to witness.

Mr Kim held out a hand to me. As I took it, he placed Hanbin's warm hand on top of mine.

"Mr Kwon was a great man and since he is no longer here, I hope you'd take good care of his daughter for him," Mr Kim patted Hanbin's arm.

Hanbin smiled at his father and held my hand tightly in his'. The touch of his hand still gives me that tingling feeling that I couldn't ignore.