●guardian angel (max imagine)●

requested: yes

tumblr: yes

warnings: slut-shaming, homophobic comments and violence

this is set in between season two, episode nine: the gate and season three, episode one: suzie, do you copy?

summary; max witnesses y/n getting verbally and physically bullied by stacey, and she decides to interfere.

word count: 904

. . .

"hey slut."

you don't stop walking.

"i said, "hey slut"." stacey repeats.

"not today, stacey, i'm not in the mood." you open up your locker, putting away your books, avoiding eye contact with your bully.

when are you ever in the mood though? to constantly get pushed around, slurs being thrown around. no one wants that. no one.

"look at me when i'm talking to you!" stacey practically screams, pushing you to the ground.

she's obviously had a bad day, and you were just the tipping point.

you lay flat on your back, feeling completly hopeless and embarressed.

stacey saunters towards you, a smirk visbale on her face.

"stacey-" you mutter.

you're cut off by stacey kicking you in the nose, nearly breaking it.

you let out a groan of pain as she kicks you once again, but this time in the stomach.

just as stacey's about to kick you right in the guts again, a voice calls from behind her.

"fuck off stacey!"

"well, well, well." stacey tucks a curl behind her ear. "if it isn't maxine hargrove."

the ginger girl crosses her arms and glares daggers at the girl in front of her.

"another queer, eh?" stacey scoffs. "typical. maybe you two could be queer together. all happy and gay."

stacey is inches away from her face, before the strawberry haired girl punches her right in the face, a sickeneing pop echos throughout the hallways, as stacey collapses to the ground.

"talk shit like that one more time, and i won't hesitate to end you." the girl spits. "and it's not maxine hargrove."

she steps over stacey, approaching you.

"it's max mayfield, bitch." max smirks.

"badass." you mutter under your breath.

"are you alright?" max crouches down next to you. "dumb question, you're obviously not."

max takes your hand, and helps you up.

"u-uh, thanks, max. that-that was really nice of you to help me like that." you barely manage to get your words out, the pain is almost too much.

"it's no big deal, but anyways, let's get you cleaned up." max leads you towards the a.v. club room.

she opens the unlocked door and leads you in.

max pulls the most stable chair in the room and puts it behind you.

"thanks." you mutter sitting down as she grabs the first aid kit from the top shelf.

"you really need to stop thanking me, i'm just being a good samaritan." max perches on the table in front of you.

"sorry." you croak, your nose hurts like a bitch.

"you also need to stop apologising." max chuckled.

"sorry- i mean... shit." you look down at your worn-out vans.

"look up." max obviously knew what she was doing.

your head snaps up as max carefully cups your cheek to keep you steady, as she starts to dab some rubbing alcohol on your nose.

you hiss in pain.

"sorry, i don't want you to get an infection or something." max softly smiles. "you're lucky that bitch didn't break it."

"but you definitely broke hers." you smile slightly.

"yeah, well, she's a bitch, she deserved it." max sighs. "all done."

a white plaster lay across your bruised nose, you are definitely going to get questioned by your parents.

"thank you, max, truly." you smile. "you really are my guardian angel."

"well, i'm proud that i have obtained that title." max looks deep into your eyes, but quickly stops and looks towards your stomach instead. "how's your ribs?"

"a bit bruised, but it'll be fine." you usher.

"only if you're certain." max stands up from off the table and puts away the first aid kit.

"i am." you sigh.

"good, good." max drums her fingers on the counter. "anyways, i've seen you around school. you're in my art."

"oh, yeah, yeah. i sit in front of you." you nod your head along.

"i've seen your drawings, you're really talented." max chews on her bottom lip.

"oh, thanks, max. that means a lot." a light blush is dusted on your cheeks.

"i also noticed that you have no friends-" max stops. "no, i'm-i'm sorry, i didn't mean it like that."

"no, it's fine. it's true. i have no friends." you dryly chuckle.

"no!" max takes a deep breath. "what i'm trying to say is, do you want to hang out with my friends and i?"

you're shocked that someone as pretty as max wants to be friends with you. ever since she first came to hawkins, you admired her. who wouldn't?

"r-really? you would want to hang out with me?"

"yeah, you." max nods. "you're like, the coolest person i know."

"well, thanks, max. you're really cool too." you smiles.

"well, we should probably go before mr. clarke comes and kicks us out." max grabs her bag, slings it over her shoulder and puts her skateboard under her arm.

"yeah, let's." you tuck a piece of hair behind your ear.

you and max leave hawkins middle school, bonding over anything and everything.

and that was the first of many beautiful moments, well, it would be more beautiful if your nose and ribs didn't hurt.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐑 ; 𝑚𝑏𝑏 / 𝑠𝑠 𝑖𝑚𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠 🎉