●the cellar (max imagine)●

y/n's p.o.v

"ready or not, here i come!" i call.

i walk around the house, looking in every nook and cranny for a certain strawberry blonde girl.

i pretty much turn the place upside down looking for her.

she's a really good hider.

i continue to look around the house for any sign of her absence.

"where are you, maxie?" i call to her.

i look around the halls until i find my first clue.

the door's wide open.

"how did i not notice that?" i ask myself.

i step outside, closing the door behind me as my clothes immediately gets drenched by the pouring rain.

"max?" i call out to her.

"max!" i yell over the sound of thunder.

i notice that the cellar door is slightly open.

she must be in there!

i open the door. well, the wind opened it for me.

i climb down and look around for max, but it's too dark.

aha!

i look around on the shelves for the flashlight dustin left in here when he went looking for dart with steve. i finally find it on the top shelf and i grab it, as the cellar door slams closed.

i turn around pointing the torch at the closed door.

god damn it!

i turn back around, keeping my flashlight in my good hand.

"boo!" a voice calls, making me scream.

the voice laughs, making me recognise who it is.

"max!" i say, slightly pushing her. "don't do that!"

"sorry, but that was so worth it!" she smiles.

i immediately feel my heart melt as i see her beautiful smile, her stunning eyes, her wonderful hair, oh - and her gorgeous freckles. this may seem really cliché, but i do have feelings for my best friend. no, not sisterly love, romantic love.

"y/n? you okay?" she asks, waving a hand in front of my face.

"o-oh, yeah. i-i'm good." i stutter.

"you're soaking, here, have my hoodie." she says, passing me her iconic yellow hoodie.

"thanks, max." i smile at her.

she turns away, but i swear i saw a red tint on her cheeks.

"okay, let's go back inside." she says, grabbing my hand and walking towards the door.

she pushes on it, lightly and then stopping for a second before pushing harder and harder.

"no. no. no! no! no!" i yell, freaking out.

i stumble backwards, hitting the back wall. i slide down the cellar wall and sit down.

"y/n? y/n!" max calls, sitting in front of me, whilst grabbing my arms, lightly.

my breathing becomes heavy, as i start to shake, tears falling from my e/c eyes.

"hey, hey, y/n. y/n, look at me." max says, quietly.

i reluctantly look up at max's flawless face.

"breath, okay. i've got you, we'll be out before you know it, okay?" she says, pulling me onto her lap, while she strokes my h/c hair.

we sit there for a little longer, the only sounds filling the room is my sniffles, the storm outside and the occasional drop of rain coming from above, down into the cellar.

after a while, i feel myself slowly losing consciousness. my head drops onto max's shoulder, as sleepiness falls over me.

"i love you." i hear max say.

"y-you what?" i ask her.

"i-i... i said that i-i l-love you." she stutters, blushing.

"really? like sisterly love?" i ask her, sitting up.

"n-no. you might hate me for this, but i love you, like romantic love. if you don't feel the same, then so be it, i may be heartbroken, but i'll understand. i know we're both girls, but i really, really love you." she says, making my heart beat twice as fast.

"i love you, too. romantic love, not sisterly love." i smile.

"can i kiss you?" she asks.

"i would love for you to." i respond, slightly leaning forward.

she leans forward as well. our lips connect, as she moves her hand to my hair, our lips moving in cannon.

"y/n? max? are you in there?" a familiar voice asks.

we move apart, so we're sitting next to each other instead.

"steve!" i run to him, pulling him into a hug. "thank god, you found us."

"i'll always find you. always. now, let's get you back inside, you're freezing." he says, hurrying max and i along.

"y/n, i know this might be too soon, but will you be my girlfriend?" she whispers to me.

"yes, i would love to, max mayfield!" i whisper back.

we secretly hold hands (even though steve wouldn't mind) but it just made it more fun to sneak around.