blooming, wilting, scattering.

[Hanahaki AU]

☆☆☆

She will never feel enough.

Momose Rio will never feel enough.

People view her as a perfection— Good looks, outgoing personality, polished talent. Her hardwork carried her up to the stardom.

And yet she lacked one thing; affection.

It is a mundane thing for a woman to feel the caress of love, and Rio is no different. But she has to live with a curse, an illness of one-sided attraction.

Sakuramori Kaori will always be the one giving her mixed feelings— Butterflies in her stomach and petals in her throat, everything altogether in the same time, a blessing she deserves and a curse she carries.

She has questioned herself so many times why, but she never reached conclusion. The moment she almost got her words through, it only made her chest more painful.

Did you know that wilting petals are more painful?

"I know."

Rio recalled, that decaying petals are resulted from longing and cowardly feeling, and it happens to Rio.

She held her feelings too long, letting it sank in, and hurts her more than she already is.

Tears spilling down as she spits and cough on the bitter, bloodied yet decaying red roses, clenching on her own chest as she repeatedly cursing herself for unable to say the things she always wanted.

Today.

And the next day too.

And the following day.

And so on.

Nothing will ever be said in such awkward manner.

And forever, she will wail in pain and agony, every night, with scattered wilting rose beneath her.