Family; Not by blood, by choice (part two)

Dianne's POV:

"Why would I want a boy, when I've got the man of my dreams right here? My very own gentleman and prince charming. And at least he knows how to handle a woman." Flouncing out after Joe, head held high, I know that stupid comment got to Joe a lot more than he is letting on. "Joseph, wait up, you're dragging me my love!" I pant, jogging to keep up with the pace he's set as we search for the exit to Hyde Park. He still hasn't said anything, silently seething the entire way back to the tube station; I've never seen him this way before, I've seen him frustrated, angry and upset but never this way before and I can't help but feel like it's my fault- he won't even hold my hand. Waiting for the tube, I decide to try and talk to him again, "Joseph, look at me. Please? We've got ten minutes until our train, you can't stay mad at me forever Joe." Halting in his tracks, he turns to face me for the first time since we left, his eyes filled with shiny, unspilled tears as he reaches for my hand, placing it on his cold cheek and nuzzling into me. "Dianne, how could I ever be mad at you? Darling its not you, i'm angry and i'm furious that my friend could say such degrading things to you, I knew the boys would tease me but never did I imagine such disgusting things would be said about you- I hoped they knew better. Im so sorry, come here."

Somewhat shocked by his confession, I can't help but giggle as he bundles me onto the busy train and make our way back to his cosy apartment. "What are you giggling at you lunatic? You've giggled the whole way home, on the tube, as we walked and now in the lift?" He looks genuinely perplexed as I continue to chuckle, leading him into his own flat and over to the sofa. "Joseph Sugg, do you really think I've not heard similar said to me before? Do you really think I've gone through life as a competitive and then professional dancer, without comments being made about my body and the sex appeal of a dancer?" He says nothing, choosing instead to pull me across him, so i'm resting across his chest and tangling his hand in my messy hair. "I'm not saying you haven't heard it before but i'm saying you shouldn't hear it again, especially not on my watch. You realise that you are none of those things to me? Not just a "dancer's body", I love you for you."

Allowing his words to swirl round my brain, I remain silent, relaxing against his body as we lie comfortably in each others arms. Of course he says these things but I know, deep down, it always comes back to the fact that i'm a dancer and my body is in prime condition- men are always the same. "Di? What is going through that beautiful brain of yours, you've been very quiet?" Pressing a sweet kiss to my temple, I can only help but wish that Joe is different. "Nothing Joseph-well, actually. Don't be offended but you know, there has to be just a little bit of you who wants just the dancer in me. It's not like i'm smart, or funny or have loads of money and i'm not a model- I have nothing other than the fact that i'm a dancer to go off, it has got to be the reason you are with me Joe. I love the fact that you try to deny it, I love you." Smiling against him, I don't expect a response, knowing that it is true, even if he doesn't want to admit it. Feeling him inhale sharply, he pulls me up so we are now sitting face to face. " Dianne Buswell. I don't ever want to hear you put yourself down like that. You are NOT just as you say, a dancer. You may not have enjoyed school and might struggle with words but you are one of the smartest people I know! You can solve pretty much any problem we have faced so far, haven't you? As for not being funny, that in itself is a joke. I haven't laughed as hard in years Di, since I've met you, fallen in love with you, I have laughed non-stop; I am so much happier, everyone can see it and that's all down to you. You don't need to have money or be a model- bank accounts are the least of my worries and honestly, to me? You are most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. You aren't just a dancer to me, you are my best friend, my girlfriend and truthfully, the only woman I love. Now, don't you dare let Mikey's daft comment stick with you. You are the first person to admit that i'm not your usual type, not like you exes- this is my biggest difference from them. Stick with me and i'll prove it, watch me."