Chapter 2: A simple glance ❀

Shoto coughed violently, gripping his chest tightly as he did so. He grimaced as he saw a handful of petals in the sink, blood just splattered on the porcelain in blotches. He turns the tap on and wipes his mouth with a handkerchief.

' I should really stop doing this to myself.. ' He thought dreadfully, exiting the bathroom after he cleaned up the sink to get rid of any evidence.

He walked down the hall and went into his classroom, sitting down in his seat and gave a smile to a certain green-haired boy. "Todoroki-kun, you need to at least tell him how you feel.. It's concerning to see you like this, you're like a ticking time bomb at this exact moment.." Yaoyorozu said with concern laced into her voice, looking at the pale dual haired boy who just shook his head in return.

"I can't, he doesn't even know I'm here...Who am I to take his time away from him?" He replied, sadness evident in his slightly hoarse voice. "Besides, he doesn't reciprocate my feelings, It's pointless now, Yaomomo.." He added and looked down at his desk with a grim expression.

The raven haired girl just sighed. "You should still consider getting surgery...I'm just concerned about your health..." She said, patting his shoulder for a brief moment and sat back down on her seat.

Shoto just sighed as he heard Izuku giggle 'probably because of Kaminari's jokes again.' He thought bitterly as he pops 2 suppressant pills into his mouth and swallowing them dry.

Izuku smiled as he sat drawing in his notebook , a light blush coating his cheeks. The green haired boy just giggled and looked around the room. His eyes fell on Todoroki, who sat there looking at his desk as if he is deep in thought.

His eyes scanned his heterochromatic friend and spotted him pop two suspicious pills into his mouth and swallowing them dry, making Izuku more curious than he already was. "Good Morning..." Aizawa's tired voice rang throughout the room, silencing everyone and drawing all attention to him.

"Today I have a special announcement." He drew out, earning looks from a few including Izuku. "We will be having a trip to Okinawa as a small vacation, courtesy of the Principal to let you kids have a leisure time" He added, and then chaos erupted in the room.

Everyone except for a few jumped up from their seats and cheered, chattering to each other about what they would do at the beach once they got there and where to go.

When Izuku turned around with a bright smile, he saw Todoroki just staring blankly at him. He waved at him and the other boy just waved back with a small unnoticeable smile gracing his lips.

"Okay, that's enough. Back to your seats." Aizawa's voice boomed throughout the room, snapping Todoroki and Midoriya from their little moment, everyone who stood up earlier going back to their seats with goofy smiles on their faces.

Shoto tasted the familiar rusty flavour of blood and the soft material of petals resting on his tongue, his hand raising up while trembling unnoticably.

"May I be excused to the bathroom, Aizawa-sensei?"

(Word count:538)