Journal

My earliest memory is of the day I left home. I had just turned 4 and I thought seeing monsters was perfectly normal. They followed me everywhere and I didn't mind-until one of them tried to kill me. Annabeth and Dad were so worried, I felt like turning a year older was a bad thing. A storm raged all after noon. When it stopped, Annabeth left with some of her friends. I started to cry when night fell and she still hadn't come home. Dad noticed and tried to comfort me. "Annabeth's gonna be gone for some time, ok? She'll come back during summers and visit us. You'll stay here with daddy until it's your turn to leave." he told me. I didn't know what the blazes he was talking about. All I knew was that I didn't want to stay with dad and wait for my sister to come home. When my father was asleep, I crept down stairs. With a crayon I wrote this message in messy lines: "Gone to get sissy back. Don't follow. Love you daddy. Bye." And with that I quietly slipped out the door. There was some sort of monstrous dog outside and I was terrified. I turned around and ran, aware that it was chasing me, all the while repeating the same phrase that suddenly came to my mind. "Follow the moon. Look for the moon." When I realized I had lost the dog I was on some hill. I thought I could see the ghost of a town named 'Camp Half-Blood'. I was mesmerized and I started walking towards it. Then a 'big cow with horns' came out of nowhere. When it was 3 feet from me, I was pulled into the invisible town...which soon became visible. My sister had pulled me in. I was so happy to see her, but she was mad. "What did you DO? You weren't supposed to follow me! You're NOT ready! Now we can't even risk taking you BACK. Hope you like this place, because you're not going HOME anymore!" Some guy with a horses bottom half calmed her down. Then he tried to explain to me what was going on. All I heard was, "You're a demigod...blah blah blah...daughter of a god or goddess...blah blah blah...until we know your godly parent...blah blah blah...you have to stay here...blah blah blah...mythology is real...blah blah blah...you're not listening to be, are you...I'll tell you again tomorrow." The horse man took me and sister to a large cabin. It was quite crowded. We were introduced to the others in the cabin and then were allowed to rest. I remember having a dream where this blue eyed 17 year old boy with black hair was talking to me...Probably just some demigod...
Over the next few weeks we were introduced to everyone, learned our way around camp, and given a demigod schedule. Annabeth made a few friends but I was too small. No one wanted to play with me because they thought they might hurt me, and no one talked to me because in their mind I was just a baby. Also, I was a little quiet and shy. After a while I got used to story's being true and that I was a demigod, someone special. I still had dreams about the boy, who said his name was Stanton. I played with him in the garden in my mind...
Just 2 months after we arrived at camp, Annabeth was claimed by Athena. I hated that night. Everyone knew we were sisters. So if one got claimed, the other should be claimed too, that same day. Guess what? I wasn't wanted. People tried to hide their surprise and I bet some thought it was hilarious. Annabeth got moved to the Athena cabin but I stayed. Apparently they, "...aren't allowed to move a demigod to another cabin until they are claimed." I felt abandoned. So I pretended that I wasn't really Annabeth's sister. I imagined that I was adopted, or that my real mother or father gave me to daddy to keep safe until I could come here. While my sister made friends with Athena children and ignored me, I watched and waited.
When I was 6, I made friends with 8 year old Selene Contropus, a shy, mysterious, bad girl. Together we pulled pranks on the leaders, or keepers as we called them. We snuck out of the cabin after our curfew, hid in the shadows, and watched the night sky. Selene always said she hoped Hades or one of the moon goddesses was her godly parent. She didn't really know what gender to look for. She was left just outside of Camp-Half Blood a few months ago, with all of her memories gone. The only thing she remembered was her name, birthday, and that she had to get to camp.
My dreams were filled with Stanton. Every time I saw him, he was always the same age. Not a minute older. I didn't think it was weird though. It was my mind...he couldn't be real, could he?
Me and Selene got claimed on the same day. I was 7 and she was 8. It seemed like one of the longest days in history and there was a terrible storm. I got the feeling that the gods were fighting up there. Hecte claimed Selene and I was claimed by Athena. I was a little disappointed. I guess all of that pretending I was adopted thing got to my head. I was mad at Athena for not claiming Annabeth and me on the same day. When I got to the Athena cabin, I saw that either for better or worse, Annabeth had changed. She was bossy and smart (smarter than she had been) she was skilled with weapons and was good with strategy and she read almost every day. She even had a baseball hat on. I was so shocked that I blurted out, "Wow, what happened to YOU? Are you possessed?" I guess I hurt her feelings because she shot back, "Oh yeah? Look who's talking. You're the only demigod that's ever had to wait 3 years to get claimed!" Well if she was trying to strike a nerve, she succeeded. Oh well.
So life when on. I played Capture The Flag, reluctantly read, visited Selene, played with Stanton in my dreams, became skilled at hunting and fighting and dreamt of going on quests. Then, when I was 9, I met Aerwyna. Apparently, she's been at Camp Half-Blood since she was born and someone brought her here-or at least that's what she told me. I guess it makes sense, I didn't really pay any attention to the campers. I didn't really notice she was there until she said hi to me. We became good friends, though I still saw Selene so she wouldn't feel left out. I tried to get her to meet Aerwyna, but she always had an excuse to leave. I guess Selene didn't think they'd get along very well, but I think she should have at least tried.
And that's that. Until half a year ago, my life when on as normal as a demigods could be...that is until Stanton changed. My dreams are no longer happy. I realized that every dream i've ever had, he was in. It was the first time i've ever had a bad dream. He's never failed to tell me that I am his. I always get so mad. "You don't own me, and I don't have to do as you say!" He terrifies me now, and I got even more scared when I he told me he was immortal. He haunts my dreams, it's like I have my own devil right there. I'm thrown off cliffs, half drowned, cut, and bruised when I defy him. Part of me knows it's just a dream, but it feels so real-even after I wake up I hurt. Everything that happens to me in my dreams, it's like it happened it real life. He reads my mind, messes with it, and puts his own thoughts in there. He can talk to me in my head, I've heard his voice in there in a couple dreams. Stanton can even put thoughts in my mind, and I don't know whether it was me, or him trying to decieve me. He chases me down, torchers and touches my soul. I've actually wrote some of the dreams down and put them in here.