16) A Curveball

Restrained.

I was restrained.

Emotionally, I was completely the opposite. I was livid, maddened, ferocious. I wanted nothing more than to go up to the bitch and beat her. I wanted to break every bone in that cocky appearance. I wanted to slice that temptress' tongue. I wanted her to suffer.

I want her to squirm.

But no, no, no, no. I'm not 'allowed' that luxury. I'm not restrained of my own free will. No, I'm restrained physically by someone I had assumed was working to help me beat this bitch. Instead of helping, Caylnn decided -in her grand fucking wisdom- to gag my mouth with her palm, restrain my injured shoulder in an arm lock, and move me away from the target.

I must look like a poor and defenceless puppy being dragged around by an abusive owner.

"Jesus Christ! Calm down, you aggressive cunt. What's gotten into you?"

What gotten into me? Oh, let's see... maybe if you show someone the root of all their troubles they may (or may not) want to beat the shit out of it! In my case, Phantom was right there, behind a metal caged fence. The only thing stopping me from reaching her was Caylnn!

So, what if there are a few goons near Phantom? I could take them.

As long as my hands are around the neck of that cretin then I'm happy.

How I would love to watch the colour drain from those eyes, as the last thing she sees from her dying, teary-eyed vision, is me.

The thought was so appetising. But, instead of my waiter presenting me with a fork and knife to enjoy my delicious meal, they had tapped me against the chair with the food right next to me, the aroma spreading to my nostrils, taunting me.

I just want revenge and Caylnn wouldn't even give me that. If only she would just let go!

My mouth garbled out a mess of retorts through its muffled form.

"Calm down!" Caylnn screamed into my ear, ensuring she couldn't be heard by anyone other than myself, "Now, I'm going to let you go. When I do, don't move. Got it?"

Grunting in agreeance, her grip was removed from me a moment later. She paused awaiting my reaction. I turned to face her. She stood with me near the outskirts of the cafe's back entrance, the back was surprisingly large looking in. For a cafe, the traffic load was a lot. There were crates cluttered around the place, it would be perfect to act as a cover to hide behind, but it was peculiar to be at an establishment like this. Whatever the reason for its condition, it provided Phantom cover to talk outside with Larry whilst preventing us to get a good look. I had been dragged across the street, ensuring my view of the two interacting was impossible yet I didn't argue.

All I cared about was the fact it was Phantom. Her mask gave her away, that vivid and distinct look was so familiar, so punchable. I wanted to snap that mask off her masqueraded face. I wanted her to die.

I will reign rightful justice upon her and her group.

I will kill her.

I just need to get past Caylnn.

"She's right there!"