Chapter 23

Lightbulb

    I was sleeping, dreaming about my life before all this.. shit happened. Well, that was, until I felt someone cling onto me, wind whipping at my body and the bumping- up and down. I heard yelling. I heard screeching. I heard fear.. and rage. I opened my eyes to see Paintbrush, holding me, probably so that I wouldn't fall. They were yelling and screeching. At who, I don't know. But we were running away from someone.  

Paintbrush

    "Leave us alone!!" I screamed, clutching Lightbulb tightly, I didn't want her to fall. I kept cursing and shouting at the two objects- I'm not sure if they could hear me, but it felt great to let it out either way. They probably didn't hear me, because Taco was ready to throw that knife at us.. I mean.. Suitcase. 

    "Taco! Please, no!" I could hear Mic yelling. 

    "Mic! Let go of me!" Taco gasped, as Mic picked her up from the ground. I didn't see what happened next, thanks to Suitcase's sharp turn- it also made us jerk forward. I held Lightbulb tighter as Fan held onto me for support. 

    "This is absolute shit!" Fan yells. 

    "You just realized?" I ask. He groans.

    "No. I realized when we shrunk. When LIGHTBULB couldn't-"

    "It's not her fault!" I yelled back. 

    "Are you serious? Of course it's her fault! Are you blind? SHE touched the shrink ray! SHE did what she wasn't supposed to! It's HER fault!" I'm taken aback by his hurtful words. Sure, she did do all those things, but it was a mistake. She didn't mean to. I know it. 

    I stayed quiet. I didn't want to cause a fight. Good thing Fan had enough sense to shut up, too. 

Suitcase

    I. Am. Freaking out! Sh- she was literally running after me! W- with a knife! She could've killed me! And the objects arguing above me really doesn't help the situation. Sigh, whatever! I've got the keys, I've got what I needed, it's OK. 

    I see the room Baseball was being held captive in. I place the key in the keyhole and turn. 

    Clink!

    And we're in. I see Baseball curled up on the floor- sleeping. I scurry over towards him and quickly shake him with my foot. "BB! Wake up!" I whisper-shouted. I don't know why I whisper-shouted. I guess I just felt like it was the right mood. 

    He stirred a bit before finally opening his eyes. "H-huh? Wh- wha? Suitcase?" He opened his eyes. 

    "Yeah! Baseball, we have to go! Come on!" He yawns.

    "What time is it?" I feel anxiety pour into my soul. 

    "Time? Who cares about time! Let's g- go! C- come o- on!" I panted and see my surroundings fade into a dark blue. I become stiff as dark tentacles squirm in my direction. 

 Tick tock tick tock.~

Time's running out? 

It's running out fast. 

Faster than you'd think. 

How long will it last?

Longer than it should. 

Let's wait some more.

Though, I don't think you could. 

You're such a bore.

Tick tock tick tock.~

    I shiver as the voice sung. I come to my senses as Baseball shook me.

    "Suitcase, are you OK? You seemed to.. doze off.. anyhoo!! Let's get out of here and find Nickel! A- and Testtube, of course.." He said. I slowly walk out, without saying anything. I was still a bit shaken after that experience. 

Taco

    "MIC, YOU LITTLE BITCH!" I yell. That idiot! She slightly grimaced at my harsh yelling and language. I softened my expression- only a little. "Microphone, I could've gotten her. There are so many witnesses now- you know you're never going to be able to win."

    "I- I know.. but I don't really care! I'm not letting you hurt someone.. again! I can't see you putting other objects into misery because of this.. s- stupid sh- show!" She cried. I give out a rough sigh. 

    "Just.. put me down," I grumble. She gently places me back onto the tiled floor. Without saying anything, I begin walking back towards the main lab. I didn't know if Mic was following or not. 

Nickel 

    We were deep in the forest. It may take forever to get out, so we kept taking breaks; mostly because of my back and our exhaustion. Right now, we were walking as much as possible until one of us passes out. I hear her sharply inhale next to me. I look to the side. 

    "A-are you OK?" I quietly speak up. 

    "O- oh! It's nothing.. my head's just not cooperating with me right now." The hell does that mean? Oh, my head won't work with me, and now I'm going crazy, woo hoo! 

    "Uhh.. O- OK?" I awkwardly say and start looking straight ahead again.

Testtube

    My head's been hurting a lot, lately. It just... throbs in and out. Sometimes it's small, sometimes it's like a bomb just exploded in my brain. I can't think straight. My vision also slightly blurs- I think I'm gonna pass out. I can't hear anything anymore. My arms and legs feel weak, I can't go on. My hearing lets a muffled voice yell my name and then it's black. I can't see anything. The only things I hear are my thoughts. 

Lightbulb

    I miss Harry.

(A/N Yes. I'm sorry for not updating a lot aaaaaa apologies)