Zoo

Does my sorrow amuse you?

What am I to you? A mournful beast or an entertaining extravaganza? You flock around my jail cell as if my suffering is deserved, as if brings you delight...

What once was a savanna – an endless field of freedom – is now a barren, concrete jungle. Who is the prey? I am terrified of you, human. You grab what you want without remorse. Strip me of my dignity and rip my matted mane. I am enclosed in isolation.

Classify me as rogue, but I just long for my freedom. Look at me as if I am some kind of monster...all my power has depleted in this hellish sanctuary.

You are so inhumane, human.

You, evil and cruel. Capture my zeal and expect me to – what? Lap at your feet? Be your prize -winning puppy? Although you watch me like a hawk, you never see me. You just see a soulless predator who will tear you limb from limb.

Of course, I snap, growl and bite! How dare you steal my freedom and make me feel so inferior? Keep pumping me full of drugs so that I am harmless. Do you honestly believe that you're the victim?

This is not my home. How I lust for the warm sun on my degraded corpse. This is not living. This is a desolate, sadistic world. When you monsters grow tired of my sorrow, you will throw me away. When you have decided that I've reached my peak you will steal my last breath and drain the very last bit of iron from my veins. Only then will I be home.

And I will welcome that bliss, embrace that euphoric end. I will live in a wild dream and never allow humans to disgrace me again.

Your callous smiles will not last forever.