Choosing Sides

"Yes, sir."

"Good. Leave now. You know the way there and back."

"Yes."

"Good. Go."

Battra nodded and flew out of the crystal cave. He would kill Godzilla. Hate bubbled inside him. Hate for Leo. Hate for Komodo. Hate for Mothra. Hate for Godzilla. He'd kill them. He'd kill them all.

                                                                         ~

Battra flew into familiar lands. It was just beginning to become dawn. Then he saw him. Godzilla was drinking from the river. Battra landed quietly behind long grass. He crept quietly. Oh so quietly. He was nearly there. Then he jumped. Across the river, teeth bared, pointed at his neck. Godzilla looked up. His eyes turned to slits at Battra hit him and dug his muzzle into Godzilla's neck.

"Mothra!" he coughed.

"She can't save you now!" he dug his sharp claws into his sides.

Godzilla roared in pain and anger. "Who are you!?" he growled.

"You don't know? That just shows how bad of a father you were!" he dug his muzzle into his neck again.

Then Mothra rammed into his side. He flew from Godzilla's neck and landed on the hard ground.

"Who are you?!" she demanded.

He got up and raced at her, the horn on his head pointed at her forehead. Just as he was almost to her Godzilla jumped at him, digging his teeth into his neck. As Battra was getting his life sucked from him Mothra and Battra's eyes met. She now knew who he was. He was her son! Her baby! She couldn't let Godzilla kill him!

"Godzilla, stop!" her voice rang through the trees.

Godzilla refused to stop. Mothra blew her rainbow fire from her antennas onto Godzilla's side. Godzilla yanked his teeth from Battra's neck and fell backwards. Confused he looked at Mothra.

"What are you doing?"

She ignored him and flew at him with full speed. She hit him in the face with her body. He flew and hit a tree. He got up, shakily.

"Mothra! What are you doing?"

"You almost killed my son!"

He looked at the bleeding moth laying on the ground. "Battra?!"

Battra glared at him. "Father." he coughed.

Mothra flew at Godzilla again. Godzilla jumped out of the way just in time. Mothra flew into a rock and fell to the ground. After a while she got up.

"Stay away from Battra and I! I am no longer your mate!" she screeched.

Godzilla gasped. "Are you out of your mind?"

She picked up Battra and flew off. Godzilla watched her fade into the sun, grief filling his eyes.

                                                                             ~

Mothra lay across from Battra, her antennas touching his, trying to heal him. But he was too far gone. His red eyes were already starting to turn black.

"Mother. Promise me something."

"Anything."

"Promise me you wont go back to Godzilla. You wont go back to him."

She was silent for a moment. "I promise."

"Thank you. Will you avenge me?"

"Yes, my son. Batora." she said his name in the ancient language of monsters. (Japanese)

"Thank you, Mosura." his eyes faded, until they were fully black.

Mothra lowered her antennas. She would avenge her son. She would kill her son's murderer. Her former mate, Godzilla. She got up and and flew away.

"Wait!" a voice said. It was Mothra Leo.

Mothra looked back. "Leo?"

"Is that Battra?" he asked, looking at the dead moth.

"Yes. Why are you here?"

"I want to come with you." he said.

"You do?"

"Yes."

"Then lets go." the two of them flew away, away from Battra, away from Godzilla.

                                                                      ~

Godzilla roared into the sky. His mate was gone, both of his sons were gone, everything was gone. He decided to avenge the one who acually loved him and would never betray him. Biollante. He would find that stupid Gigan.

"Biollante!" he roared. "I hope you can hear me! I love you! More than Mothra!" he yelled.

"I hear you, my love."

He spun around. He couldn't believe it. It was Biollante! Only she wasn't alive. It was her spirit.

"Biollante!" he exclaimed.

"I'm been waiting to talk to you. I miss you."

"I miss you too."

"Do you really love me more than Mothra?"

"Yes. Of course. You would never betray me or attack me."

"I would never. I see Komodithrax is growing well. I'm glad you found her. Is Titanosaurus well?"

"Yes. He never talks though."

"That's him." she laughed.

"Biollante. I wish I could bring you back."

"I want to be back."

"Maybe I can."

"What?"

"Give me your vine."

She put her vine in his hand. He couldn't feel it.

"Biorante, Biorante sunde. Biorante, Biorante sunde." he chanted (biollante live)

                                                          ~

Gigan walked into Biollante's den. To clear out her body.

"Why did Ghidorah give me this job?" he mumbled. Just as he put his blades on her body it started to glow. He jumped back "What the?!"

The body glowed, sparkled, then disappeared. Gigan stood for a second.

"What just happened? Whatever." he said, walking away.

                                                                      ~

Godzilla jumped as he felt her vine in his hand. He looked up at her. She was alive!

"Biollante!"

She opened her eyes.

"Godzilla. It didn't work."

"What?" he looked at her.

Her green skin started to turn brown. Her vines curled at the tips. Her skin started turning to dust, and she started to blow in the wind. He held her vine tighter.

"No! Please don't leave me! Biollante!" he screeched.

But she was gone. He sank to his knees. Everyone he loved was gone. Except Komodo. His eyes turned red. He got up and ran to his den.

"Daddy? Wheres mommy and Leo?" Komodo asked.

"Gone. You will live with Anguirus for now." he picked her up and ran to Anguirus's den. "Take her."

"Why?" then he say his red eyes. "Yes sir." he took Komodo and placed her in his nest.

Godzilla nodded and ran. He ran away from the Earth Defenders' Territory. He ran and ran. To find Gigan. And avenge Biollante.