VIII

We are walking on the land alongside Orcus, adorned with hummus: something is scintillating in its bed. I can feel the body; it giggles a bit as I slowly slide my hand in it, and then it swiftly allows me to reach towards its core. It's a sapphire pendant!

'What are you looking for?' 'Nothing, I just found a pendant,' 'someone would have lost it,' 'Yeah, Probably.' 'I think we should stop investigating it and rush to fetch the train.'

It's capacious, and passengers are hustling in and out; there is also a gigantic clock on the pillar beside several benches where passengers can wait. Jack got tickets for both of us, and here it arrives, squealing with its terrifying sound damaging vocal cords whose mere purpose is only too aware passengers of its presence so they can get into. It is getting old with every passing year, as the cabins narrate the story of its lifelong struggles. Meanwhile, it breathes heavily as the driver turns on the engine as if it had tar accrued inside the bare throat, it is addicted to injurious smoking to take every step. Anyhow, forgetting about age, it starts swiftly and now is trotting on the track.

Passengers around me have similar faces; I think they belong to the same village. Still, all seem depressed because they are trapped in their issues, continuously churning their skills to fulfill their families' needs, flowing in the vicious cycle of their life chores. Jack has fallen asleep and is snoring as he is a bit tired. He doesn't know that we need to walk around five kilometers more to reach Susanna.