3

Chapter 3: Aftermath

   It’s been five minutes since Max beat pits out of the Autobots and in that time he had pulled the unconscious Autobots and webbed up Miko and Jack out of the mines and into the scrapyard. Max was currently patching up Autobots wounds using his webbing but that will only help for an hour tops they needed better medical attention. Max tried asking Jack and Miko were these bots came from and if there are more that can come and help, but the Autobots human allies said nothing not wanting to put Ratchet in danger. After getting nothing but angry glares from Jack and Miko, Max gave up and decided he needed to bury his deceased family. It was only after he started walking away did Jack and miko finally speak up.

   “Hey wait where are you going?! What if the Decepticons come back?! You can’t just leave us!” Miko panics.

   Max stopped in his tracks and let out an annoyed sigh before turning around and picking up the two humans.

   “What are you going to do to us?” Jack asked with a hint of fear in his voice, but it wasn’t fear for him it was fear for Miko and the injured Autobots.

   Max once again stopped in his tracks and cut the webbing off the human teens. Jack and Miko both gave him a confused look.

   “You two have a choice to make. Stay here and call for any other Autobot help you may have or I stay out here and make sure nothing happens to those four while you go retrieve My family’s corpses from the Mines.” Max explains.

   “How do we know you won’t just offline them while we’re down there?” Jack asked concerned for his friends.

   “I’m not a murderer. If I wanted them dead then I would have killed them in the mines.” Max answers.

   “You scraped those Decepticons without a second thought.” Jack says recalling when Max slaughtered the vehicons in the Mines.

Max looked down in sadness.

   “I didn’t do that willingly. I lost control, the last thing I remember is seeing mom and dad being killed by those Decepticons then my vision went red and I black out. When I finally got control of myself they were dead and all that was left was rage. I attacked you friends because they are at fault, they brought the Decepticons here which led to my parents being killed. The blood of my parents is on both Autobot and Decepticon hands.” Max explains sadly.

   “We’ll call some friends. You go be with your family, and Max, we’re so sorry.” Jack says solemnly.

   Max ignored the humans apologises and drives into the mine to find Mike’s and Elizebeth’s bodies. When max found them he couldn’t help but fall to his knees and cry before letting out screams of rage and sadness. After screaming out all of his rage Max picks up the bodies and carries them out of the mine and back to the scrapyard. When Max gets to the scrapyard he’s greeted with the sight of a groundbrige opening up and the Autobot medic known as Ratchet rushing out to aid his Autobot comrades who have now regained consciousness.

   “By the Allspark! Optimus what happened?!” Ratchet ask running over to his leader.

   “He happened.” Miko answers pointing at Max who was just staring at the Autobots blankly. Ratchet spots Max and sees the dead humans he’s carrying and his  instantly jumps to the wrong conclusion. Ratchet turns his servos into swords and readys himself for a fight.

   Max saw this and glared daggers at the medic before putting his parents down gently on some old cars. Unfolding his spider arms and turning his hands into swords the youngling alson readies himself for battle.