Chapter Two Point One: Tests suck...

Dear Diary,

I am so frustrated...  I spent all night which seemed to go on and on and on and on... I can keep going... reading that stupid school manual. I really didn't feel like having the Council having a reason to send me to be punished for the rest of my life. I got to spend the whole night listening to Abigail (my roommate) snore. I didn't really think we slept... I mean we are dead right?  Well today's the first day of actual classes... yay (Note the sarcasm).

~Me

 I rubbed my eyes in frustration as I fought to stay awake and finish the thick volume in my hands. I was sat at the desk on my side of the room, I was even taking notes on the different things that were in the book so I could later on remember the most important facts. This was too much like school. Sighing as I ran a hand through my dark locks I laid my head down on my arm as I continued to read over the fascinating history. My eyes started to drift close as I fought once more to stay awake. Closing my eyes with a final sigh I was gone to the world.

Zeandra

My eyes snapped open as I searched for the voice that had broken through my sleep. Looking around my room I realized Abigail was still asleep, if her snores weren't noticeable enough. Closing my eyes again I started to drift back off asleep.

Zeandra... come to me

My eyes snapped back open for the second time. I knew I wasn't imagining it now. I got up out of my seat, looking around the room for the voice. Was it just a joke? Was someone playing a prank on me? I opened the door to the hallway looking up and down the hall realizing no one was out there. It was just me. Sighing in defeat I closed the door and returned back to the desk. Now that my mind was racing and heart thumping I couldn't go back to sleep if I wanted to. So I turned back to the book in front of me. My eyes moving back and forth as I continued to read. 

Much to my dismay Abigail woke up about two hours later, stating that it was time to get ready for classes. She smiled as she danced around the room getting ready for her classes to resume. Talking about how much she loved school, and how the teachers were soooo awesome. She was currently decked in a pink version of my outfit that brought shivers of disgust wracking through my body. She laughed at my disdain for her outfit. "Oh Zathandra don't be so dramatic. Anyways, I will bring you to your first class. The teacher there will then bring you to the testing facility for the placement test. So get ready. I need to make it on time for my first class." I nodded and hurried to get ready. 

I placed on the annoying skirt that was almost too short. I felt like a slut wearing these clothes. Lucky for me I was able to wear arm warmers to cover up my arms. That made me feel a bit better because I wore these when I was still alive. Finally ready I brushed a hand through my hair grasping the backpack that was placed nicely against my desk. My copy of the school manual tucked safely inside. Looking at myself in the mirror on the back of the door I deemed  myself appropriate and motioned for Abigail to lead on. She grabbed my map off my desk opening my bag and placing it inside. Smiling she grabbed my hand as she skipped down the hall dragging me along.

"So this is your first class with Mr Grayson. He is your Introduction to Reapers teacher. He will bring you to the testing facility. See you soon Zathandra darling." She grinned as she walked the opposite way. Nervously I shifted feet before walking into the classroom. Mr Grayson had a warm smile directed at me, although... it was quite amusing with barely any teeth in his mouth. I nodded in acknowledgement and went to take a seat. Soon the other beginners started to fill in. Much to my amusement Rainbow and Arianna were also coming in. They were bickering with each other.

"ZATHANDRA!! YOU ARE IN THIS CLASS?!" Rainbow squealed running over to me and throwing her arms around my neck. Nodding in confusion I bit my lip as I flinched away from her touch. Momentarily after gathering herself she sat beside me. Arianna taking a seat at my other side. We were in the back of the classroom. Carson also came into the room and smiled as  he greeted us sitting close to us as well. Other students whom I did not know nor care to know filled up the rest of the seats. It seemed to be a full class. There were a range of ages throughout the students. Some were young and some were old. The oldest had to be around fifty, and the youngest around ten. It caused sadness to travel through me at the thought of a young child dying. I closed my eyes to get a hold of myself.