1.0

"You know what? Just throw them in all together." Jo, my best friend, voices her thoughts. She is simply the messiest person I have met. She will throw white socks, in the laundry, with seven red shirts and a green pair of trousers.

She could not care less if she wakes up to a laundry basket containing blue socks and bleached shirts.

That's just her, but I guess organization isn't for everyone. I am one to know...

"Well, what are you waiting on? Christmas?" She babbles, her tone laced with impatience. I shrug and throw all the shirts in the load, inserting four quarters into the washing machine.

Yes, we're at the laundry Mat because well, like I said, Jo doesn't care what the outcome of anything is. Of course we all make mistakes, but she broke my freaking washing machine, and I was in no shape, financially, to buy a six-hundred dollar washing machine. Gosh, there is still a chance she would break the new one.

That's how we got here. At the local laundry mat, sitting in molding chairs and furiously tapping our boots against the squeaky white floor.

"Jo, why'd you have to break my washing machine?." I question, just thinking about it made me irritated.

"Look! You didn't have to let me even use your goddamn washing machine, I simply put my clothes in, and turned on the washer. Either the box was too old, or just too cheap." I catch a glimpse of her rolling her eyes.

"Okay, whatever. I'm hungry and stressed. I think I'm going to head to the donut shop across the street. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Fine, go ahead, I'll sit here and waste my life away." She looks tired, but doesn't fail to come off as obnoxious.

"Yeah, okay you do that." I utter, hurrying out of the doors.

When I get outside, I halt and just breathe in the scent of fresh air. That cramped laundry mat smelt of dog and Fritos.

As I'm on my way to the donut shop, I see a cute little music store. It's made of brick, and seems cozy.

My curiosity gets the best of me and I forget about the donut shop and enter the store called, "Jax's Pride."

The doorbell sounds as I walk in. I see a guy, looking to be about my age, at the counter. He smiles, "Can I help you?"

"No, just looking around."

"Oh okay, well if you need any help, don't be shy to let me know."

"Okay, thanks."

I start to walk through the aisles of the store. This place is like a library.

Quiet.

Long aisles full of shelves stocked with records, CDs and album covers. So far, I've seen music associated with classic rock, such as Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, and AC/DC.

While I'm walking through the aisle, I start to rub my hand against some of the records. There's layers of dust built up, making me question how old this music store is.

Busy in my own thoughts, I don't see myself walk into a person, reading the back of a record.

"Sorry. Oh gosh, I didn't see you and I was just distracted. See I..." I begin to fulminate.

"Do you always start to rant anytime you make a mistake?" The voice surprises me. It's an English accent.

I look up to see iridescent green glowing eyes. The man has brown locks wildly arranged on his head tied with a a headscarf. He has the plump lips and a glowing skin tone.

I don't notice I'm starring, until he clears his throat."Uh, are you going to answer my question?"

"I'm sorry, I just have a lot on my mind. But yeah, I tend to rant whenever I get nervous or do something embarrassing."

"S'okay. If we didn't make mistakes, how would we learn? We would be too afraid to live our life's because we'd be too afraid of messing up."

"You know what, you are so right." I laugh.

"Haha, I wish my teachers would say the same thing."

"Me too. It seems to me, like they're all stuck in their own mindsets of what's wrong and what's right, oh and by the way I'm Sloan."

"Harry."

After we talked for awhile his phone rang, and that was my cue, although I could've talked to him for hours,"Nice to meet you. I have got to get going..."

I had the goofiest grin on my face, for the rest of the day.

A/N : SHORT CHAPTER, but I'm really excited for this story so vote and comment. I'd really appreciate it. Lol, don't worry this book won't be so stuff at first. but thanks y'all.