Six

"Y/n! Where the fuck are you with my beer?!"

"C-coming!"

Your could only move so fast, especially while carrying the large pitcher that your father liked his drink in. You knew if you spilled some, you'd be in big trouble. Entering the living room where your father and his friends were, you made your way over to him and placed the glass onto the coffee table in front of him.

"My, my, how old are you now, (y/n)?" your father's friend, Rick asked licking his lips.

You don't answer, instead looking at your father.

"What? You can't speak? You stupid or somethin'? Answer him" your father ordered.

You turned back to Rick, "I-I'm fourteen" you tell him.

His lips spread, revealing yellowed teeth. "So mature~" he purred, eyes trailing down your form. "You're really turning into a woman" he adds.

You quickly turn towards your father, "C-can I go finish my homework?" you ask.

He waves you off and you quickly make you way down the hall to your room. You sit at your desk and start on your homework. You were new to Korea, having moved to Seoul about a year ago. You picked up the language quickly, it did help that you were adopted by a Korean family at the age of three. You lived in a happy home for five years until your mother died when you were eight. From there, things went downhill. Your father began drinking. At first, it wasn't too bad. He would leave you and your older brother, Jiyong alone. Then, he began mixing alcohol with drugs. At first it was cocaine, but now you suspect he's on heroin. He started beating you, Jiyong often getting in the middle of it before your father kicking him out of the house.

Now, it was just you and your father. Jiyong had tried to get you away, but your father held a knife to your throat and threatened to kill you if he ever returned. When the police showed up that day, you denied that you were in danger. You were too afraid. Since then, you haven't heard from your brother.

Your only escape now was school. You knew that your only hope now to leave this all behind was to get good grades and get into a good college, maybe you could even try to get into one of those specialty high schools where you live in dorms. You didn't know what you would specialize in, since you didn't really know what you wanted to be but you were sure you would figure it out.

You were shocked out of your thoughts when you heard a banging on your door. You stood up and opened the door and was met with an unfamiliar man. He was handsome, the first thing you notice about him was his sharp facial features. You also noticed how tall he was, he was easily six feet tall. He smiled at you and spoke in a deep voice, "You're Y/n, right?"

You weren't sure who he was, so you weren't sure if you should even respond to him. Where was your father?

"Jiyong sent me to get you" he says when you don't respond.

"J-Jiyong?" you say softly. You haven't heard a word from your brother in over two years, why now? And why didn't he come himself?

"Where is he?" you ask.

The tall man frowns, "He couldn't be here, but I have to get you out of here".

You don't move. "Call him" you demand.

He nods and takes out his phone, dialing a number. It rings a few times before someone answers with a "Hello?", it was Jiyong.

"J-Ji!" you cry, snatching the phone, "This man wants me to go with him, but I don't know him!"