1/1

I posted this a couple days ago on ao3.

Hiiii! So just and idea that crossed my mind and I wrote it like three seconds ago. It's a one shot haha. It's 3am in my country so like I'm tired. Wrote this on my phone and my hand has been cramping for a while. Sorry for any typos, my English or anything incorrect I had to post now cause i now that I would change my mind by the morning. Thanks for reading <3

Louis woke up after four painful days of heat. He looked around himself feeling utterly lost.

His alpha is nowhere in sight and he just spent his heat alone. For the first time since they mated seven years ago.

It was hell. Louis spent most of the time crying for his mate. He doesn't know why Harry left so abruptly.

Well he's been kind of weird lately but...

At the start of their relationship they had sex like crazy. 24/7. Everywhere and anywhere. Their thirst for one another lasted for so long.

Until it abruptly stopped a couple months ago.

It was a cold rainy day. Harry just got back from his little business trip and had just about time to kiss their four children goodnight before his mate jumped him and kissed him passionately.

"I missed you!" Louis whimpered while trying to strip Harry's shirt off. The alpha didn't budge though.

Instead of making love to his mate he kissed him slowly and said that he was tired.

Louis didn't notice it at first. He made sure to help his husband out. He helped him shower and washed his back and then gave him a little massage in their bed.

He still got his kiss goodnight and a much needed cuddle. That was always enough for the blue eyed omega.

It took him about a month to realise that Harry was avoiding any kind of sex.

And when he finally did he tried his best to approach the alpha. But since they never had secrets with each other Louis though that confronting isn't the best idea. He had to wait for the alpha to open up.

And so he waited. Harry still gave him cuddles and kisses but never more than that.

After a couple more months of waiting and Louis hiding his dildos. Trust me those were very hard to hide since they were all very long and thick. But he managed.

The omega couldn't even tell his best friend about the situation that fell upon him cause he didn't know how Harry would feel about it. So he kept to himself about that.

But after he spent his heat all alone in their house. Louis knew that he had to do something about it. Leaving an omega alone while they have their heat is very reckless. Not taking care of them, and we're not talking about sex and knot. We're talking about food and water. Emotional support. It's very important.

Louis didn't get any of that during his last heat. He was left alone and scared of possible danger. Omegas tend to be very vulnerable during their heats.

Louis was frantic.

And now that he finally woke up from his awful heat the realization hit him and he got sick all over himself.

He cries in the shower. He changes the bed with shaking hands.

Where the hell was his mate.

———-

Harry arrived the next day with all four of their children and acted as if he hadn't abandoned his omega just when his heat kicked.

Louis was going mad.