The Eve Of War

Catherine's POV
As we got from the Taxi, Manhattan looked normal. It was a busy city that never slept, to be honest. We walked down the street with people looking like we were lost.

"Amarah, do you know where that we could be heading?" He asked.

Amarah was leading the way, followed by Annabeth, Will, and I.

"You know where we're going?" I asked.

"We've been here before, so yes." We began to race down the road. The weather was shitty compared to yesterday. It was cold, wet, and cloudy.

As we jogged in the streets, people were running through them. Sadie and Carter were disjointed, While Annabeth, Jack, Amarah, Will, and I decided to help the others. We agreed to put our weapons away since they weren't beneficial to this. We met up with Sadie and Carter, who only saw a giant crack in the Earth.

"Sadie, what happened?" Jack asked, running.

"Lighting slamming here 26 times over and over again."

"Okay, Sadie and Carter, I need you to go back to the hotel and wait. There might be nothing as wrong here as thinking of it." Annabeth said.

"I think our best option is for us to stay here until something pops up," Annabeth said.

"Carter, take our bags with you; I don't think Kronos is going to fight here; we believe it's Zeus trying to flee from the underworld."

"Come on sis, we need to go." Carter said. They both left us to go to the hotel across the Ed Koch Bridge. A few moments later, we felt a commotion of the earth starting to break. Then a crack appeared underneath me. The ground began to shake, and Amarah looked at me. We both questioned if what was happening. As we looked down, a giant crack in the earth appeared in the epicenter of the hole.

"Earthquake?" Amarah asked.

"No, this is something else!" I yelled. The crack extended itself to the buildings and the statues, which caused them to shatter or break.

"Get back!" I yelled. I grabbed Amarah and Jack away from the epicenter. Then as the middle gave way a little, it began to extend itself to 4 tracks of the street. Windows, pavement began to break and shatter from their foundations.

"Stay away from the windows!" I yelled. People in the streets dove for cover as they tried to get away from the stone and glass collapsing on them.

"Go!" Will yelled out to Sadie. As a piece of glass was going to fall on her, she made it into drops of water. Roads began to crumble as something was rising. As it did, we all ran for it. The crowd started to be in chaos.

Annabeth's POV
As I felt the surface fluctuate, we saw two feet rise from the street. Entirely of us backed up unhurriedly from the hole, only for it to plummet and collapse down into itself. There was stillness for a moment. Accordingly, as we thought it was just an earthquake, it wasn't one. It was the Destroyer from Asgard that rose from the ground. We looked straight up, and the Destroyer was more metal than the last time we saw it. It commenced to panic people in the middle of the streets. They ran with us on the sidewalks, attempting to get to a shelter. We took 59th and ran from the intersection. People began to exit from the buildings that occupied the surrounded area.

"Run!" Will yelled out. Jack and Amarah took cover behind a black Sedan looking back. At the same time, Catherine and I jogged as fast as we could to find Carter and Sadie. We ran from the intersection. Then we approached another one close by and took a left, and hid behind a building. Jack and Amarah followed.

"What the hell?" Amarah yelled.

"Catherine! Go to Sadie and wait there!" Jack yelled out.

"But..."

"No, buts, Amarah and I got this! NOW GO!"

As we looked up, we saw the Destroyer looking at the crowd.

"Cat and Anna, I need you both to follow Carter and Sadie," Jack yelled.

Amarah's POV
Catherine and Annabeth left, and we were on our own. We both stepped from behind the building and watched as the thing was still. Dirt and mud began to fall from it.
The massive tall destroyer began to appear to know what it was going to do. We both looked straight at it. Then it made a big roar throughout the streets. We all covered our ears as it made a foghorn sound, and we looked at it. It began to make a whirling sound as it got ready to strike.

Jacks POV
The Destroyer began to open its eye, and I proceeded to wonder what was occurring. As its hands were making a gloomy aura around its hand, it lit up. Then it made a whirring sound, as it finished, it blasted a color of the lighting to a person, causing to evaporate a person. Amarah and I both walked back until I knew what was bound to happen.

"Run!" I yelled. Amarah and I ran for it. Each individual got evaporated by the lighting. We ran down the street on East 59th Street as people were running in crowds. As we sprinted, each individual got vaporized as their shrieks became elevated crescendos. I looked back and looked forward.
          Then as we kept running, the crowd conjuncted with each other and moved faster, and another person got vaporized.  As Amarah ran next to me, people instantly disintegrated at an alarming rate. It seemed like some victims had the privilege of saying something before they were gone, and some weren't even given the same right to say ouch. Then a woman who was running right in front of me disintegrated.
She was so close it was that as the heat ray hit her, her skin cells began to be to ashes; with a quick shriek, she was gone, and her apparel exploded in my face.
   After that, Amarah and I, following the rest of the crowd, ran into a hotel lobby; as we ran in, we bumped groups left and right as the Destroyer destroyed the outside of the hall, its lighting struck people inside the building we were running in.
As we got shoved by others, they were vaporized so badly, that their screams weren't apparent.

"Behind you!" Amarah yelled. She pushed us out from the lobby and into the street. We both sprinted as a car breached the lobby.

"Keep running!"
         I yelled out. As existed form the hotel Lobby, out on the streets, the Destroyer tossed a variety of vehicles behind us, and then lighting struck the building we just came out from. Then it hit the building across the street from us. Like that, we hid behind a facility that also exploded behind us.

"Behind here!"She pulled on my jacket towards the destroyed wall.

"Shit!" I said, breathing out.

"Amarah?" I asked. She inhaled and exhaled hard; we stared at each other and saw that we were with this grey dust and human remains. She was in traumatic shock at what just occurred. I was also, and we saw people vaporize and die in front of my complexion, well ours. Then we saw the Cyclopes traveling across the street. Amarah embraced me as tight as she ever could. Her hair was dust-coated all over her. We looked at each other and saw clothes mounted on trees and cars. We saw burnt bodies sprawled onto buildings as we walked from the burning wreckage.