Chapter 21: We're Here Now

I head back out to the kitchen and pour myself some ice water then head to bed.

*YOUR POV*

I wake up with the smell of coffee and bacon hitting my senses. I sit up carefully. I attempt to stand and do successfully. A smile appears on my face.

U: I got this! I got this!

I go to take a step and hiss at how much pain radiates in my sides.

U: Maybe I dont got this. Maybe I do with some pain killers.

I take another step making my way very slowly to the kitchen. As I arrive I see Duchy making breakfast.

U: Everyone else. ssss. Still asleep?

She jumps seeing me there alone.

D: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! YOU SHOULDNT BE WALKING BY YOURSELF! WOOO!

U: SHHH! Dont wake up Jace yet. Let me enjoy 1 cup of coffee before he gets up! Please!

D: Ok, I'm sorry. But next time ask for help!

U: OK.

You go to reach for a coffee cup when an arm comes from behind you handing it to you. You turn around dumbfounded to find Jungkook?!

U: Jungkook what are you doing here?!

Jk: Well, i-

D: Hes here because I told him to be. Dont make it a big deal or anything.

You smile at her then look back at Jungkook still holding the cup for you.

U: Oh! Uhm. Thank you!

You get all flushed with how close he is to you. He smiles down at you & breaking the moment Duchy clears her throat. Jungkook moves away from you & you turn to make your coffee.

Jk: So youre walking that's good! Didnt expect that so soon.

U: It hurts but yeah I can. Would you like to sit outside on the swing with me until breakfast is ready?

Jk: I'd like that.

You smile seeing that his bunny smile has never left him. You both walk outside slowly.

Him mainly to keep up with your pace. He offered to carry you, you just kept saying "no". He laughed calling you "stubborn as always" but didnt force you. You finally get outside he takes your cup of coffee setting it on the ledge of the patio. Then he tuns back helping you sit.

Jk: You havent sat by yourself yet huh?

U: Nope. I haven't. Ow ow ow!

Jk: Easy does it. Dont rush. I've got you.

Again your comfy and realize how close he is to your face. You blush as he turns to grab your coffee.

Jk: Here.

U: Th-thank you.

You pat the seat next to you.

Jungkook smiles then sits down next to you.

Jk: So how long have you known Duchy and TeeTee?

U: Lol. For awhile now. I'd say at least 4 years. We lost contact at one point, but I've known them for forever. How are the guys?

Jk: Wow that's awesome! The guys are good.

You nod.

Jk: I mean they are them, soooo. Nothing really has changed.

U: What about you?

Jk: What about me?

U: How are you? Have you changed?

Jungkooks jaw clenches as his hands rub down his thighs.

Jk: To be honest I've only just recently had a good nights sleep. I did nothing but think about you, about what I did wrong that made you leave, about why you hadnt contacted me within that first week. All these thoughts played in my head. Maybe it was all in my head. After the first week of no contact I thought something happened to you. I got worried. I went to find you. But you were gone. I never felt so broken.

You look up at him tears coming out of your eyes, silently crying.

U: Jungkook...... i.... I'm sorry.... I didnt mean-

Jungkook hugs you.

Jk: Dont be sad. Were here now. It's alright. I forgive you anyways, it's in the past. Let's focus on the now and the future.

U: Jungkook, i-

Jace: Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!

Quickly you wipe your eyes so he doesnt see you crying. You sniffle one last time.

Then pull away from Jungkook to welcome your sweet little boy into your arms.

U: Hey Bunbun!

You kiss his cheeks.

U: How did you sleep?

J: I slept so good! But-

Jace stops mid sentence and looks away. You look at Jungkook confused.

Jk: Hey buddy wanna come talk to me?

Jace nods his head. You feel a bit sad but then you smile & nod giving him permission to have some "man to man" time. Jace kisses your cheek & pulls Jungkook away to the backyard.