One True Religion

A quick Google search will tell you that there are over 4000 religions in the world. With so many religions out there, why choose Christianity? If I believe that there is a creator and in life after death, why should I specifically be a Christian?

For the most part, those 4000 religions are polytheistic which are fundamentally different than monotheistic religions (a whole other topic). But, within monotheism, there are three main religions: Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.

These three are similar in terms of one God as a creator, heaven and hell after death, and they all even acknowledge Jesus as a great prophet. Some might even go to say that these three religions are the same.

So, I'll ask again, why are you a Christian? Why not a Muslim or a Jew?

It's a good question to ponder. This question was asked to me when I decided to get baptized. Without even thinking about it, I remember the words just flowing out of my mouth. While I may not know your reasoning for being specifically a Christian, I can share with you mine:

Christianity is the only religion where a God, our God the Father, sends his Son to die for our sins. No other religion has a God that dies for his people.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
(yes, I had to use this verse)

It's sometimes crazy to even comprehend that our God would step down to our level, live with us, suffer for us, and then die for us.

Back in the day, people repented of their sins by sacrificing a lamb; an animal that's pure and innocent. Jesus, the one person who was the most pure and righteous, died for our sins. He was our sacrifice.

What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

He died for us, sacrificed himself, all to save us from our sins. That is how much he loves us. No other other god can even compare to ours. This is also not even everything.

Not only does Jesus die for us, he also resurrected from the dead. Our savior is not dead and buried 6 feet under. He is alive. This faith is alive.

Again, there is no other religion where a God sends his only son to save the people. There is no other religion where the Son (God) dies for the people. And there is no other religion where the Son rises from the dead. This all makes Christianity alive. We have a living God.

This is my reasoning for why I believe that Christianity is the one true religion. I know it may be a bit cliche and a little short, but I do think that everyone needs a reminder or a refresher for their beliefs. It's always important for you to strengthen your reasoning in why you believe in something.

A/n:
It always amazes me that people actually read this book and honestly, praise God. Thank you guys so much for reading, commenting, and voting. It truly is a blessing.

If you have any questions or criticisms or suggestions, leave a comment or message me! Again, thank you:)

Also, would you guys want me to begin posting weekly?