Chapter 4

My eyes fluttered open; I gasped and looked around me. I was in my bedroom. But how did I get here? I thought for a second. Then all at once the memories of last night came flooding back, the alcohol, the stranger, and the red eyes. My head pounded and I tried to pull myself together. Maybe all this was a bad dream, maybe last night didn't happen. Suddenly nothing seemed right. I couldn't differentiate between reality and what was in my head anymore. Maybe my whole life was just a big dream; maybe I'm not even living. Am I living, Is this real? Or maybe I'm just a pond in someone's chess game. I scrutinised my hand and did what I have always seen in movies but didn't find necessary, I pinched myself. But what if these were one of those dreams that felt real. I sat up and my head hurt like never before. It felt like I was run over by a car or maybe even a truck. This was definitely real. So much so, that my phone rang. It felt even louder than before. I scrambled for my phone and saw three miss calls. "Hello" I said, it came out weaker than I thought and probably much raspier than usual.

"I thought you wanted my help" The caller hissed. It took be a few seconds to comprehend who I was speaking to.

"Madam Zelda?" I faintly whispered. I completely forgot about her.

"Took you long enough. You were supposed to call me not the other way around" I could hear the impatience in her fragile but oddly firm voice.

"I am so sorry Madam Zelda. I just have so much going on right now; I kind of got side-tracked."

"Side-tracked! You are running out of time. Or need I remind you what's at stake. We made a deal!" She hissed louder.

"I know, and the deal is still on I jus-"

"You just nothing, you either come to my shop in an hour or the deal is off" Before I could reply she hung up on me.  I needed to get to her shop quick; there was no way in hell that I our deal was off.

As I entered Madam Zelda's shop, I looked over the sign that read "Madam Zelda's psychic readings" I inwardly laughed, although I have seen the sign one too many times, it was still funny. If only people really knew what that sign meant. They thought it was all a gimmick, a stunt to make money.  I knew better. I rang the bell at the front desk. The shop was decorated with beads, oils and statues of everything odd.

"Aha" Madam Zelda's voice blocked me out of my thoughts.

"Madam Zelda" I acknowledged.

"Let's go to the back shall we" We made our way to the back of the shop. It was a rare site, herbs and liquids in bottles that I knew better to touch.  "I debated whether you would actually come, seeing how you've being disinterested" She sat down and I followed suit.

"No! That's not it at all. I just... I've been having these dreams of the night of Ray's death and his attacker" it came out as a whisper.

"The last time you said it was red eyes yes?"

"Yes, and I, I think I saw it last night"

"Saw what?" She asked

"Red eyes" I stated

"In your dream?" It was more of a statement than a question.  I took a deep breath before I could manage a word.

"No, it was real. It saved me from someone" I said

"It was probably a dream" Madam Zelda said almost uncertain.

"No, no it was real. I'm sure"

She took my hands in hers and her pupils turned white. It was as if she was in a trance. In a split second she was back to normal. She gasped for air "They here Amara! This cannot be happening" She said as she got up from her chair "They here" she whispered.

"Wait who, who's here?" I was starting to panic as Madam Zelda paced the room.  I didn't understand any of this.

"I don't think I can help you anymore" She blankly stated.

"What! NO! I don't understand. We had a deal! You said you would help me bring Mia and Ray back; in return I would bring your son back. Don't you want to see you son Jasper?" It was a more of an accusation.

"Of course I want to see Jasper. If another Shadow Caller could help me bring him back, I would have asked them. I didn't know helping you would bring everyone this much harm"

"There is no danger! You need my power, and I need you to teach me the spell. If you want to see Jasper as much I need to see Mia and Ray, you will help me"

"Girl, you are playing with a very dangerous fire. The very fire that burnt your Ray and Mia, and I'm afraid we're next. Don't you understand what's at stake?" her voice grew tired from our argument and I sympathized. We had both lost people we love, but that's why we needed each other's help.

"Just please give me the spell then. I will get help from somebody else" I didn't want to argue with her, there was no use. We had to work together instead of fighting each other.  She sighed

"It's very dangerous, the red eyes you see is already a bad sign. I just don't understand why It would save you from someone" She moved towards a drawer and unlocked it. "I can't afford to get the Shadow Callers angry, I hope you understand this. All I can hope for now is that you use this wisely and be safe, the witches never did like your rebellious clan." She handed over the book of spells.

"I don't need all of this. I just want-"

"Hush now, you going down a very dangerous road. You will need all the help you can round up "