Chapter 1 - The Blind Girl

It was a warm summer morning, as the sun begins to peak over the mountains, shining its light on the new day. Birds starting singing, life began to show in the peaceful valley. There was a light breeze, for I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was walking down park sidewalk, heading towards Union High. The Blossoms falling off the trees, slowly gliding to the ground, dancing in the breeze. I turned down the path leading into the park. Mother said it was a shortcut to the school. I trusted her, seeing how she seems to always be right about everything. After five minutes of walking, I heard this humming. I stopped, looking around. Just to the right of me, lead a path leading towards a lake with a swing. Sitting in the swing, was a girl. She swayed in the wind, humming a song that sounded so familiar. So familiar that I even knew the words.

              "No time for rest." I starting singing, "No pillow for my head." She stopped. "We carry on through the storm, tired soldiers in this war, remember what were fighting for." I continued, seeing if she would start humming again. My voice sounded horrible, though my mother said it was like an angels. Her humming stopped, I was still, and silent. She turned around, and our eyes met. She had short brown hair, and white eyes. 
              "hello?" She called out. I quickly walked away, embarrassed. She continued looking over her shoulder, staring off into the distance.