Chapter 5

Days later on Wednesday everything was going normal. I mean as normal as you can get living in a pack of wolves.

School was easy, and I was bored. Damian, and I snuck off as often as we could, but it was hard with members of the pack always around. Science was the only class period that we had free of other members.

Thursday felt normal, other then the fact that I had been moved out to the cabin, so the maids, and such could prepare my room for guests.

It took longer for me to get to school thanks to my move. Thursday was our last day before Thanksgiving break.

I sighed as I finally made it to school, and let out a groan as the bell to go inside rang. I rushed inside, and grabbed my books.

"Hey, are you feeling okay? You've been getting to school later then usual, and you have been very distant." Seth said as he leaned against the lockers as I got my stuff out.

"Yeah, I haven't been sleep well, or eating very well either. I'll be okay." I reassured him. He looked at me with concerned eyes.

"Don't look at me like that." He told me taking my arm, and turning me to look at him.

"What's really bothering you?" He asked gently. "Nothing Seth. I'm just not feeling it right now. It's really none of your business." I snapped, and pulled my arm away. "Go bother Thomas. He missed yesterday, go play twenty questions with him, and leave me be. We may be friends, but I seriously do not have to tell you everything. You're so freaking annoying. Acting like you care when you actually don't." I told him.

His jaw tightened, and a sad look was in his eyes. "Seth, I didn't...." before I could finish my sentence he turned, and walked away.

I growled under my breath, and shoved all my stuff back in my locker, and made for the door.

"Hey, you alright?" Damian asked grabbing my arm. I pulled it away.

"I will be once everyone leaves me alone, stops touching me, and asking me questions." I snapped, then turned to leave. Of course he had to follow me.

"What's wrong?" He asked me. "Nothing, I'm...I'm...I'm just on my period, and it's making me moody." I told him blushing a little even though it was a lie it was an embarrassing lie. His cheeks heated up a little.

"Now, if you excuse me I'm going home." I snapped, then left him standing there baffled.

~Damian's POV~

I walked into school the same as I always did, but instantly knew something was different. I sniffed the air quietly.

I looked at the spot where Katarina was standing. Something was wrong with her, and I could feel it. Not physically.

I wanted to go up, and wrap her in my arms. She was the only girl that has ever turned my head, and I'm okay with that. She deserves every second of my attention, and every ounce of my affection.

She was just so perfect. I did not want anything more then to be hers. I looked her up, and down. Every since I looked at her that first day when the poor soul was getting lashes I couldn't look away from her.

She stuck out through the crowd. She was my mate, and didn't even know it. I wanted to tell her so bad, but something stopped me every time.

I watched, as Seth walked away from her, and she threw everything back in her locker, and slammed the door shut. She turned to walk out of the school, but I stopped her.

"Hey, you alright?" I asked grabbing her arm, but she pulled it away making my heart ache a little.

"I will be once everyone leave me alone, and stop touching me, and asking me questions." She snapped at me then turned to leave. I instantly followed her out.