Chapter Six: Careless Whisper

Richie was awaken by the sound of birds chirping. He smelled a familiar scent. It made him smile. Richie ran his fingers through Eddie's hair. Eddie snuggled closer to Richie.

  "Good morning," Richie said.
  "Good morning," Eddie said as he sat up and rubbed his eyes.

  Eddie didn't seem bothered by the fact that they had cuddled together all night. Richie found that to be odd. None the less it made Richie's heart race.

  "Care if I take a shower?" Eddie questioned.
  No, go ahead," Richie said smiling gently at Eddie.

  Eddie went off to the bathroom and Richie got up to make the bed and go check on everyone. To Richie's surprise the rest of the Losers had left. Richie was extremely confused until he saw the time.

  2:40 pm.

  Richie was baffled. There was no way they'd slept in that late. Richie decided to open to the windows to cool the house and he started to make him and Eddie "breakfast".  He began stirring the pancake batter and sprayed the pan he was going to use. Richie also got out the blue berries to cook into the pancakes.

  Eddie was enjoying the shower. It was warm and relaxing. He needed to relax after the stressful week his mother had put him through. He felt safe around Richie and was happy to be at the boys house. Eddie turned the shower off and stepped out. An delicious odor caught his attention.

  The small boy got dressed and tip toed down the stairs. He noticed the rest of their friends had left. Eddie could hear Richie silently singing in the kitchen. The boy hid behind the door to the kitchen and listened.

  "I'm never gonna dance again, Guilty feet  have got no rhythm, Though it's easy to pretend, I know you're not a fool~"

  Eddie smiled as he recognized the song Careless Whisper. Eddie peaked around the corner to see Richie dancing around while he made pancakes. This made Eddie laugh and Richie jumped.

  "How long have you been there?" Richie squeaked.
  "Should've known better than to cheat a friend, And waste the chance that I'd been given~" Eddie sang.

  Richie blushed in full embarrassment. But Eddie just giggled. Richie went back to making pancakes and Eddie sat quietly at the table. Richie had finally finished cooking all the pancakes and layed a plate infront of Eddie.

  "These look delicious!" Eddie exclaimed, digging in right away.

  Richie just smiled. He couldn't get over Eddie's dorkyness and he swore he fell for the boy more and more everyday. After brunch Eddie had to go home. Richie was sad to say goodbye. He watched the boy longingly as he got on his bike and rode away. Richie watched until Eddie looked like a little dark spec and went back inside. Richie began cleaning up his house before his parents got home.