00.02

Leaning against the wooden headboard of the grand kingsized bed, the boy silently looked out the French window opposing him

Leaning against the wooden headboard of the grand kingsized bed, the boy silently looked out the French window opposing him. Sunrays threaded through the open curtains, illuminating the whole bedroom and basking it in comfortable sunlight.

"Instead of always helping your Hosts, why don't you exploit them more?" the man asks, boredom and genuine curiosity lacing his voice as the words echo in the grand bedroom. He didn't bother lowering his voice, the room's proofing system was top-notch, combined with the System, no one would be able to hear him.

'I- This System is still new,' a clear voice answers, the sound cleanly entering the male's mind. 'If Host could explain what he meant,' the System meekly inquires, unsure as to how he should proceed with the conversation.

Host laughs, he takes a more comfortable seat on his bed before answering. "This is exactly what I meant," he indicates while raising his pointer finger. "You're not scheming enough FATE," he teaches.

Statics echo in his mind and Host knows FATE is flustered, confused by his words. He sighs. "For instance, those statics. They appear every time you are flustered or at lost, it's too easy to read and exploit you afterward."

'Is that so?' the statics slightly recede, though a low buzzing sound remains. 

Host nods in confirmation. "Of course, in fact, if it's something you can't control when flustered, then instead of always repressing them you should leave the statics whenever you speak or are online," he says in a matter of fact tone.

'But, END and FORTUNE always cut the statics off when they interact with their Host.'

Host shakes his head in dismay. "Do whatever you want, I'm only telling you to help since it's our last World together," he reminds. "Plus, I don't know who these END and FORTUNE are, but you don't have to do the same as them, the goal is to accumulate energy."

Statics sounded and FATE wondered if he should follow his Host's advice. It was the first Host to give him some constructive advice after so many worlds. The previous Hosts, from the second World to the third World onward always stopped talking to him, only calling out to him to extract information and gain some props.

'Okay.'

Host smiles. "Good, good. Also, you should learn to scheme a bit yeah? Exploit your Hosts, will you?"

'I, should I exploit Sir Host?' he questions at lost.