10.1. To The Concert

Previously-

She talks so freely, she walks so freely
Should I call her a butterfly?
She's fought on her own, to get her wings
I should call her a butterfly...
I should call her my butterfly.

He really thought that nickname would suit her. Free, colorful and beautiful. A butterfly! "Butterfly" He said out loud as the corners of his eyes crinkled.
-

-----

To The Concert

"Thank youuu" Alisa screamed excitedly, giving Chandr a huge hug.

He smiled widely, catching her as she fell on him. He laughed at how excited she was but he was also thinking, does she hug any guy just like this? He told himself not to think about it. It's just that he isn't so outgoing. Thinking so, he shrugged away his discomforts.

He had just told her that he would take her to meet the band and they could also go the concert if she was free now. She had always given her male friends only quick hugs unlike this one but well, no one had surprised her like this either.

He had come to her office and given her a call. Rati had been shocked to see him approaching her. She panicked thinking there must be a problem with the contract. It had totally slipped Alisa's mind to tell her best friend that she had found a new friend! When Rati had called Alisa to inform her of his arrival, Alisa realized her mistake. 'Ya. He came to meet me. As a friend!' She had answered, shocking Rati. 'I'll tell you later. Just let him in.' She had ordered. She has a lot of explanation to do. Rati was annoyed. Sure, she was busy with Tarun these days but that didn't mean her Lisa would stop telling her things. She was busy because Tarun's sister's marriage was coming up and they had given 'The Dara Events & Co.' the contract to the event. Rati was personally taking care of it. Alisa had been very enthusiastic to help but an important client needed her help more.

Rati barged in to see her Lisa hugging him with a grin. Her lips parted at what she saw but she composed herself and stared at Alisa who pulled away as she looked at her, and questioned the reason for her arrival with her eyes.

"Uhm. The client has already arrived." She said, having found her voice.

"Which client?" Alisa's face fell. "Wasn't I done with clients today?"

"You were but you aren't."

She sighed. "Chandr, it may take an hour or more. What do you want to do?" She looked at him.

"I'll wait."

"You'll get bored." She chuckled.

"It's ok. I'll wait." He shot her a reassuring smile.

She shrugged. "Your wish. Don't blame me for the boredom."

He smirked. "Sure I will."

She looked at him, a little surprised by his reply and laughed.

He turned to leave and moved past Rati after shooting her a polite smile. Rati was dumbstruck!

Rati let out a breath in relief, now that he was out of the office.

"What is going on here?" She was confused.

Alisa flashed her teeth. "Well, we became friends and he's taking me to meet The Whispers of the waves!!!!" She grinned as Rati's eyes widened.

"And you're going without me."

She giggled. "I just came to know. Plus, who'll handle everything here." She said, as if she was serious.

"I so want to kill my friend but can't disobey my boss." She let out a breath. Alisa laughed.

She wanted to take her along but if she realizes that Chandr knows them well then a lot of questions will have to be answered. He hadn't told a lot of people about him being a lyricist for the band so she thought of leaving it there. Somewhere, in the corner of her heart, she wanted to spend time only with him!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chandr didn't know how he was going to handle this. All the loud noises. He wouldn't even need an ear cuff! He breathed out.

But he wouldn't deny that he was completely, madly looking forward to this. He was sure she would be delighted and he would get to see her scream, jump, squeal and laugh. He would get to see her dressed up! He hadn't observed her well when he had first met her outside the club. After that, she had always worn simple clothes for basketball or professional clothes to meetings. He wanted to see her in a beautiful dress.

As he was waiting in her house, she entered the hall.

She looked at him and posed like a model.

"How do I look?" She quirked her brow and smirked confidently.

He smirked too. "Hmm. Let me see." He said, taking her permission to check her out. He looked at her from her toes to her hair. Her beautiful feet, his long legs, the black dress that hugged her curves so perfectly that his eyes darkened with desire as they took in the sight. Her hair that fell on her hips with grace, her delicate neck that tempted his lips to touch it, her lips which held the priceless smile that he could keep looking at for ages and her beautiful blue eyes that had captured him the moment he had met her. She looked so stunning. He wanted to keep looking at her. He didn't want to go anywhere. He didn't want anyone else to see her. If only, he could be the only man allowed to see her so, he wished.

"Gorgeous as ever." He said.

"You took long enough to decide." She teased. He almost blushed. Almost. Laughing to hide his embarrassment at getting caught, he got up from his chair.

"Let's go." He tilted his head to indicate the same.

She agreed and they walked out of the house. Her dad wasn't at home so she locked the main door before sitting with him in his car.

-----------------------------------------------------------

He smiled at his thoughts as they walked towards the crowd.

"Alisa" He called. He loved the way his tongue would roll when calling her name. He could keep calling her and never get bored of it. The corners of his eyes crinkled.

She looked at him. "Hmm?"

"I'm gonna remove my ear cuff. It's gonna be too loud anyway." It isn't safe to wear them in such loud surroundings either.

She blinked twice. "You sure?"

He nodded.

"Ok" she shrugged. He knew about himself better and she believed he knows what he's doing. She believed in him.

He removed his ear cuff, put it in his pant pocket. He held out his hand for her to hold. If asked, he could blame the crowd, he smirked inwardly but she didn't even ask.

She held his hand, with a smile. She instantly felt safe. He held her hand gently like it was a treasure and looked at her like she was very precious. His smile was just a bonus. He surely knows how to treat a woman! She said, adding it to the list of reasons why she admired him.

She remembered the time when she had felt this safe before. She was young then, holding her parent's hands while walking through the streets. She had felt so safe and happy that she had felt like a princess. Just the way she was feeling now, with him. She flashed her teeth as they walked closer to the stage, piercing through the crowd.

He was grinning. She was holding his hand. He was holding hers. If only this concert would never get over, he wished. He could only faintly hear people talking. He knew he would be able to hear noises, once the band starts performing.

-----------------------------------------------------------